No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Driver: Kasey Kahne Team Director: Tommy Baldwin Team Owner: Ray Evernham Chassis: No. 61 Car Info: Wrecked in qualifying at ...
No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge
Driver: Kasey Kahne
Team Director: Tommy Baldwin
Team Owner: Ray Evernham
Chassis: No. 61
Car Info: Wrecked in qualifying at Richmond
CREW CHIEF, TOMMY BALDWIN QUOTES
ON NEW HAMPSHIRE
"New Hampshire is a pretty neat place. It really isn't like any other place that we go. The place is really sensitive to time not being on the track. I know that sounds kind of weird, but from the end of practice to the start of qualifying the racetrack changes tremendously. From happy hour to the start of the race the track changes tremendously. So, that place is pretty evil as far as its attitude of what it feels like doing with the sun. It's pretty touchy."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT NEW HAMPSHIRE
* This weekend will mark Kahne's first NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start at N.H.I.S.
* Kahne has made one start at New Hampshire in the Busch series in 2003, where he finished ninth after qualifying 13th. His effort at New Hampshire was one of his 14 top-ten finishes in 2003.
A NEW LOOK FOR SUMMER
* The No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge will continue to run its new paint scheme this weekend in New Hampshire. The new scheme will run through the August 28th race in Bristol in support of Dodge's Summer Sales Drive.
GETTING OUT FRONT
* Kahne's 349 laps led are more than five times the combined amount of laps led by the five other 2004 Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year candidates. Kahne's five top-five finishes this year rank first among all rookies -- his closest competitor having only one. He also continues to lead in the rookie points standings by 40 points.
FAST ON FRIDAYS
* Kahne earned his fourth pole (Las Vegas, Darlington, California, Pocono) and his second track qualifying record (Las Vegas, Pocono) at Pocono.
* Evernham Motorsports has set three track qualifying records this season (Kahne -- Las Vegas and Pocono, Mayfield -- Dover).
* Kahne, with four poles in 2004 is well on his way to challenging Ryan Newman's record six poles in a rookie season.
* Kahne tied Art Watts (1957) for the quickest any driver has reached four career poles -- 14 races.
ADDING UP THE POINTS
* After racing in Chicago last weekend, Kahne moves to 14th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series points standings. He is 167 points out of the top 10, and 277 points out of the top five. After 18 races, Kahne maintains a commanding 40-point lead in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings.