Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's 11th career start at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS). * In 10 starts at NHMS, Kahne has one top-five and four top-10 finishes. * Kahne's best finish of fourth...
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's 11th career start at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS).
* In 10 starts at NHMS, Kahne has one top-five and four top-10 finishes.
* Kahne's best finish of fourth at NHMS came in his second start where he started 12th and led 31 laps.
* Kahne has an average start of 17th and an average finish of 16th at NHMS.
* Sunday's victory in Sonoma elevated Kahne to 13th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver point standings. He is three points shy of the 12th-place position occupied by Juan Pablo Montoya.
Kahne Discusses Racing in the LENOX Industrial Tools 301 at New Hampshire:
After last weekend's win in Sonoma, you have to be excited to get to New Hampshire. "Last weekend was a great weekend for everyone on this Budweiser Dodge team. We have some good momentum and confidence going into this weekend. New Hampshire is a fun track and I enjoy racing there. We've learned a lot over the last month and a half at the Indy tire test so hopefully we can apply that this weekend and get another good finish."
What are your thoughts on running at NHMS this weekend? "We really haven't had too many cars capable of winning at Loudon, but we've usually been good enough to run in the top 10. It's a track that has very long corners so it's going to be important that we get our Budweiser Dodge to roll really well through the center of the corners. The straight-aways are long for just a one-mile track and the turns are extremely flat, so having good brakes that will last you to the end is important if you want to run well."
We're approaching the final 10 races in the 'Race to the Chase', what are your thoughts on the upcoming races? "Making the Chase is what it is all about. I feel like our Budweiser Team is in a really good position right now and we have some good races coming up. We have had top-10 cars since Darlington and whether our finishes reflect that or not, we have been very competitive. There are a lot of really good drivers in the mix fighting for that one last spot so it is going to get interesting."