KASEY KAHNE "We certainly didn't get a finish to show how good our Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Avenger was last week at Sonoma. Kenny (Francis, team director) and the guys really hit on a good setup but we just needed the cautions to fall a little ...
"We certainly didn't get a finish to show how good our Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Avenger was last week at Sonoma. Kenny (Francis, team director) and the guys really hit on a good setup but we just needed the cautions to fall a little differently. It seems like each COT race we're getting closer at really hitting on these Dodge Avenger's set ups. Last week we made a huge jump in the right direction as far as handling goes and we were able to gain two spots in the Owner Points.
"This week we're off to Loudon. It's a track that has very long corners so it's going to be important that we get our Dodge Avenger to roll really well through the center of the corners. If we continue to bring good cars to the track like we have been, a top 10 is going to take care of itself."
* In both races at Loudon last season Kasey Kahne averaged a finishing position of 12th.
* Kahne has tallied four top-10 finishes in his six career starts at New Hampshire.
* Kahne's best finish at the one-mile oval came in his second career start with Evernham Motorsports, when he came home in fourth position.
* Last week's effort at Sonoma propelled Kahne and the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge up two positions to 27th in Owner Points.
* Kahne is in his fourth season with Evernham Motorsports. He posted a series-high six wins last year and earned a berth in the Chase for the Nextel Cup.
Loudon: Kenseth to run new paint scheme
Loudon: Edwards to run special paint scheme