The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest * This weekend's 301-lap race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) will be just the second time rookie Joey Logano will make a second start at a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) track. Logano made his...
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
* This weekend's 301-lap race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) will be just the second time rookie Joey Logano will make a second start at a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) track. Logano made his NSCS debut at Loudon last year in preparation for the 2009 season, but this is his first trip to NHMS with the No. 20 Home Depot Team. He started from the 40th position and crossed the finish line in 32nd in 2008.
* Meet Logano and Zipadelli! Fans of Logano and crew chief Greg Zipadelli can meet them at The Home Depot store #3402 in Tilton, N.H. on Thursday, June 25 from 5 -- 7 p.m. The store is located at 160 Laconia Rd. in Tilton, just 12 miles from NHMS. There will be a children's workshop, photo opportunities with the No. 20 Home Depot Toyota and an autograph signing by Logano and Zipadelli.
* Logano moved up to 24th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings following his 19th-place finish at Infineon Raceway last Sunday. He sits just 19 points out of 23rd and 89 points behind 20th-place driver Dale Earnhardt Jr.
* Welcome aboard The Home Depot Associates from store #8439 in Hutto, Tex. The store number will be represented on the No. 20 Toyota this weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Hutto is one of the fastest growing small cities in America and is located just 25 minutes from downtown Austin. The city has seen a population growth rate of over 650 percent since 2000.
* The Home Depot Racing Team and crew chief Zipadelli have 20 starts in Loudon. The team visited victory lane twice at the track Zipadelli considers his home track. They have also accumulated 10 top-five and 12 top-10 finishes.
* Logano continues to lead the Raybestos Rookie standings over Scott Speed and increased his lead to 20 points (178-158) after the road course race in Sonoma. Last year's top rookie finished 27th in the New Hampshire 301.
* The Home Depot Team is taking chassis #237 to the track this weekend. Logano has raced this chassis three times already this season. He drove it to a 21st-place finish at Phoenix International Raceway, to a 19th-place finish at Richmond International Raceway and most recently at Pocono Raceway where he finished 23rd.
"I guess you could say it's my home track, but I don't really have that many laps around it. I ran the Cup race last year, but I did win a couple of Camping World East races at Loudon. I used to live around there when I was young and that's where I went to my first Cup race so that was cool. I remember sitting up there watching the race and I actually watched the East race back then. We spent the whole weekend up there and it was pretty fun. It was kind of my first race weekend. I raced quarter-midgets at the time but it was the first time I went to a big race."
"For me, it's like going home. I was fortunate enough to win the first Modified and Busch North race there as a crew chief when that race track opened. I won a few other races there through my career with the 99 and with Tony (Stewart). I love that place. I think it's really neat how Mr. Bahre went about the track back in the day and was willing to make that investment out in the middle of nowhere. I like the short track, I like that type of racing and obviously going home there's a lot of family and friends that will come up for the weekend. I'm certainly looking forward to it. Joey (Logano) -- I think it's considered a home track for him. I don't know how he feels about it -- I think he likes every race track right now. Especially, with him being as young and enthusiastic as he is -- if he runs good at it then he likes it even better."