Jeremy Mayfield No. 19 Dodge Dealers Intrepid R/T RACING IN NEW HAMPSHIRE "New Hampshire is a track that I like. I've had some decent runs there. Last time I raced there, I think I qualified third. I didn't run the second race there last year.
No. 19 Dodge Dealers Intrepid R/T
RACING IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
"New Hampshire is a track that I like. I've had some decent runs there. Last time I raced there, I think I qualified third. I didn't run the second race there last year. I'm sure I'll like it even more with the changes they've made. We'll have to see. You really want to start up front at this race. I mean there is really no room to pass. Qualifying will be important and then you need a good setup to get around for the race. I'm looking forward to going back."
CURRENT STATE OF TEAM
"This team is moving in the right direction. Last week we put a new system in place and we had a good weekend. We had something break during the race, but otherwise it was a good weekend. We'll get this Dodge Dealers Dodge running where we know it can. We've got a great group of guys and we're going to get this thing turned around."
* The No. 9 and No. 19 teams tested at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Monday and Tuesday.
STATS & FACTS
* This weekend's race marks Mayfield's 256th career start in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series. In last year's New England 300, Mayfield started in the third position. Mayfield experienced tire failure during the race. Goodyear reported the failure was the result of too low a tire pressure and too aggressive a chassis setup up. He finished the race in the 39th position.
* Last weekend at Chicagoland Speedway, Jeremy Mayfield, whose No. 19 Dodge Intrepid R/T featured the Muppets Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker, started the 267-lap event in 20th place. During the first pit stop, the Dew Crew made some minor adjustments for a tight handling car. He was picking up spots on the track when he came in for his second pit stop. Mayfield radioed in that he was having mechanical problems. Team manager Dave Skog, chief mechanic Mike Kelley and the rest of the Dew Crew were forced to push the No. 19 Dodge Intrepid R/T behind the wall but were able to get the car back on the track. Mayfield would finish the day in 34th place.
* In 12 career Winston Cup races at New Hampshire International Speedway, Jeremy Mayfield has collected two top-ten starts to go along with his one top-ten finish. Mayfield's best start came in last years July race when he started in the third position. He finished in the eighth position in the July race of 2000.
* After last weekend's finish at Chicagoland Speedway, Mayfield fell to 27th place in points. Mayfield is just one point out of 26th place, and 22 points out of 25th. His season-high ranking this year was 16th, which he reached after an 11th place finish at Martinsville. Mayfield's best overall finish in the Winston Cup points race came in 1998 when he ranked seventh at the season's end.
* Mayfield's second-place run this year at Las Vegas was his best run at the track and his best overall finish since the 2000 Pennzoil 400 at Homestead-Miami where he finished second. The finish also qualified Mayfield for the Winston No Bull 5 $1 million bonus during the May race in Charlotte.
* Coming into the 2002 season, Mayfield had 237 starts, with six poles (two at Talladega and one at Darlington, Dover, Rockingham, and Texas), three wins (two at Pocono, and one at California), 33 top-fives and 58 top-10s. His most recent win came at Pocono in June of 2000.