McMurray on racing at New Hampshire Motor Speedway: "I've always enjoyed racing at New Hampshire, and ever since Roush Racing teamed up with Fenway Sports Group, racing at New Hampshire is another 'home track' for our team. It's a great...
McMurray on racing at New Hampshire Motor Speedway:
"I've always enjoyed racing at New Hampshire, and ever since Roush Racing teamed up with Fenway Sports Group, racing at New Hampshire is another 'home track' for our team. It's a great feeling to come to Loudon and to see all the great Red Sox fans who come out and support our entire Roush Fenway organization. Loudon is a fairly flat track and those are the kinds of tracks that are difficult to pass on, but if you go there with a great car, you can make anything happen. We're actually bringing the same car we ran at Phoenix earlier this season since these are pretty similar tracks, so I expect great results for our IRWIN VISE-GRIP team this weekend."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at New Hampshire Motor Speedway:
"Track position means a lot at a flat track like Loudon since passing can be rather difficult there. The car we're bringing this weekend was last raced at Phoenix and we finished just outside the top 10. Richmond and Phoenix are tracks that we go back to and review notes when it comes to setting up a car for Loudon. Those tracks have very similar traits to Loudon, and it allows us to take a look back at what we liked at both of those tracks and apply it to this weekend. We liked both cars from Phoenix and Richmond, so in looking ahead to our performance this weekend, I really think we should have another strong finish."
* In 12 starts at new Hampshire Motor Speedway, McMurray has one top-5 and three top-10 finishes
* McMurray has completed 3,241 of 3,592 laps in his 12 starts for a completion rate of 90.2 percent at Loudon
* At Loudon, McMurray has an average starting position of 20.4 and an average finishing position of 23.6
* McMurray's best Cup series start at Loudon is third which he achieved in the Fall of 2003
* Entering this weekend's race, McMurray is currently 19th in the Sprint Cup driver point standings