FAST FACTS * Jamie McMurray scored his first NEXTEL Cup pole of the 2007 season last weekend at Infineon Raceway. This marks McMurray's third pole of his career. * In nine starts at New Hampshire International Speedway, McMurray has one...
* Jamie McMurray scored his first NEXTEL Cup pole of the 2007 season last weekend at Infineon Raceway. This marks McMurray's third pole of his career.
* In nine starts at New Hampshire International Speedway, McMurray has one top-five and three top-10 finishes.
* McMurray will be back in his No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion for this weekend's LENOX Industrial Tools 300.
* McMurray led 30 laps in last week's race -- this marks the second time McMurray has led laps this season. McMurray also led two laps at Talladega earlier this season.
* McMurray is currently 14th in the NEXTEL Cup point standings and only 129 points out of the "Chase."
McMurray on racing at New Hampshire International Speedway:
"I'm looking forward to another run this weekend in Loudon. Last year we just weren't very good up there, but I think with the new car we are taking, it should be a pretty good weekend for us. So far this season we've done pretty well with the COT and especially in qualifying. Larry (Carter) has done a great job with learning the aspects of this new car and making it work for me. In preparation for this weekend, we are testing the car at Milwaukee on Tuesday and Wednesday. It should help us unload a little bit better and know what we need to work on immediately into practice on Friday.
"This is also the first race since having the Red Sox along with us. On Friday night we are going to a game over at Fenway Park, which should be pretty exciting for everyone.
"Last weekend in Sonoma was tough for the whole No. 26 team. I hate that we had to run that well the entire race and then finish like we did. It's one of those deals where you take the gamble and hope for the best. The gamble didn't pay off for us in the end. Hopefully, this weekend we can put ourselves in a better position, where it isn't such a gamble at the end."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at New Hampshire International Speedway:
"The No. 26 IRWIN team excited about Loudon this weekend. First of all, we get to go to the Red Sox game on Saturday night, which should be a good time for everyone. On top of that, I really do feel like we have a good car for this weekend. We are taking it up to Milwaukee this week to shake it down and try a few different things before we head on to Loudon. Hopefully, we can figure out exactly what we need to do to make that car turn better, which has seemed to be the problem all season long with the COT. Hopefully the test session pays off for us this week and we can have a great run this weekend in Loudon."