The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest * Return to Historic Site: Joey Logano will return to the site of his first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) win this weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS). The Home Depot Team utilized ...
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
* Return to Historic Site: Joey Logano will return to the site of his first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) win this weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS). The Home Depot Team utilized pit strategy to get the 19-year-old out front where he saved enough fuel to take the checkered flag in the rain-shortened event. He became the youngest Cup winner in series history at 19 years, 1 month and 21 days, a record previously held by his Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Kyle Busch.
* Meet Hometown Hero Joey Logano! Fans of Logano can meet the driver at The Home Depot Store #6233 in his hometown of Middletown, Conn. on Thursday, September 17 from 5 -- 7 p.m. The store is located at 909 Washington Street. There will be a children's workshop and photo opportunities with the No. 20 Home Depot Toyota in addition to the autograph signing by Logano. Special guests at the appearance will include Mayor Sebastian N. Giuliano and SpeedTV's John Roberts.
* The Home Depot Bobsled...? Logano will tour Whelen Engineering on Wednesday in Chester, Conn., in support of the Bo-Dyn Bobsled Project and the 5th Annual Geoff Bodine Bobsled Challenge. Logano will participate in the Bobsled Challenge again in January. The Home Depot bobsled will be on display next to his No. 20 Home Depot Toyota on Wednesday at Whelen Engineering.
* Logano sits 19th in the NSCS standings, but is moving closer to Jeff Burton in 18th after his 14th-place finish on Saturday night in Richmond. Logano sits just 33 points behind Burton heading to NHMS.
* Welcome aboard The Home Depot Associates from store # 884 in Decatur, Ala. The store number will ride along with Logano on his return trip to NHMS this weekend. The area where the town sits nestled in the Tennessee River Valley became known as Decatur in 1820 and was originally a river crossing for settlers west of the Appalachian Mountains.
* The Home Depot Team is taking chassis #250 to the track this weekend for the Sylvania 300. The team has raced this chassis once this season at Pocono Raceway in August. Logano started from the 19th position after qualifying was rained out and finished 27th in the Monday event after weather postponed the race.
* Logano leads Scott Speed by 25 points (215-190) in the Raybestos Rookie standings entering the Sylvania 300 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Logano earned rookie of the race honors for the 19th time last weekend with a 14th-place finish. Last year's top rookie finished 23rd in this race at NHMS.
On New Hampshire...
"I am pretty excited to be heading back to New Hampshire as the most recent winner. That was a huge win for this team and it gave us a ton of momentum. Winning was never a spoken goal of the team, but it sure was nice to get it. I think every driver holds a special place for their first win, and I was fortunate to have mine at the closest track to where I first began racing. That's pretty cool.
"Anytime I head to the northeast, it's exciting for me. There's always tons of friends and family around and people are always letting me know they are from Connecticut and rooting for me. I am heading back to Middletown (Conn.) where my family is from to do a Home Depot store appearance on Thursday before heading to New Hampshire. I can't wait, that should be a ton of fun. "