Edwards on racing at Loudon: "We had an awesome car at Loudon when we raced there in July. It was one of our better Car of Tomorrow races. We just had some trouble in the pits when we were leading and pitting under green, but everybody kept their...
Edwards on racing at Loudon:
"We had an awesome car at Loudon when we raced there in July. It was one of our better Car of Tomorrow races. We just had some trouble in the pits when we were leading and pitting under green, but everybody kept their composure and we were able to pull off a 13th-place finish. Our car should have been the race winner, so obviously I am eager to race Loudon again."
"My Office Depot team has improved so much this season and I am very proud of their work. We're making great strides with the Car of Tomorrow and I feel very confident heading into this weekend."
Crew Chief, Bob Osborne on racing at Loudon:
"After the disappointment of the last Loudon race, we definitely have something to prove this time around. We had an awesome, fast car that could have won the race, but unfortunately we had some issues on pit road. Since then, our team has made huge improvements and I'm so proud of their efforts."
"We're bringing back the same car from the first Loudon race. Hopefully we'll be able to put it in victory lane this weekend. Now that we're in the 'Chase' we are racing for wins and ultimately the championship. I am really looking forward to what's to come."
* Carl Edwards enters Loudon fourth in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series point standings with 5020 points, 40 points behind the leader Jimmie Johnson
* The Chase is On-- Catch Edwards every Thursday night on the SPEED Channel at 8:00 PM (ET), as he and NASCAR broadcaster Steve Byrnes recap the races in the 'Chase' for the NEXTEL Cup
* Edwards will make his seventh Cup start at Loudon this weekend. In his previous starts, Edwards has achieved one top-five and one top-10 finish
* Looking for Redemption-- After a disappointing pit road mishap during the July race at Loudon ruined what could have been a top five finish, Edwards and the No. 99 team are looking for a little redemption. During the Lennox Industrial Tools 300 Edwards led two laps and looked to be the car to beat as he turned 38 of the race's fastest laps. However, a pit road mishap put Edwards one lap down and he was forced to race his way back, ultimately relegated to a 13th-place finish.
* The No. 99 Office Depot team will be unloading chassis No. RK-453, the same car that Edwards raced at Loudon in July of this year
* Worklife Rewards: Special Promotion - Use The Card and You Can Win The Car: As part of its new Worklife Rewards* program, Office Depot is offering Worklife Rewards* members a unique opportunity to win a one-of-a-kind Roush Stage 3 Mustang. Every time customers use their Worklife Rewards card, they are entered to win a special Roush Stage 3 Mustang. Check out www.myworkliferewards.com
* Office Depot Store No. 2386 from Garland, Tex. is this week's sales winner and will ride along on the No. 99 at Loudon this weekend