Quotes from: DALE EARNHARDT JR. / Driver, ...
Quotes from: DALE EARNHARDT JR. / Driver, #8 Budweiser Chevrolet:
"New Hampshire is a cool little ol' track. I feel like we should probably already have a win there, because we've been all around it quite a few times. We've had good finishes. Last year, we got us a top-five with (crew chief) Tony (Eury) Jr. back on the pit box, and that was really cool. We seem to do OK on the one-milers, and we're really excited because we're bringing the car we won Richmond with. We'll see how it all shakes out."
On the points battle:
"We're obviously in really good position right now in third place. Jimmie (Johnson) and Matt (Kenseth) have pretty much run away from the rest of us, but I don't concern myself too much with what's going on in front of me as I do with what's behind me. I want to continue to widen the gap between me and the 11th place driver. We've been bringing some good cars to the track. We need to continue doing that. We need to work on our pit stops, and we know that. I've got a great pit crew, and when they're on, nobody can touch us. It's good to get these things worked out now rather than later."
Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the #8 Budweiser team enter the New Hampshire race weekend third in points. With only eight races to go before the Chase for the Championship field is set, Dale Jr. trails point-leader Jimmie Johnson and second-place Matt Kenseth, and is 222 points ahead of the 11th place driver, Greg Biffle. In 18 races, Dale Jr. has one win (Richmond), six top-fives, eight top-10s and 13 top-15 finishes.
NEW HAMPSHIRE WEEKEND NOTEBOOK:
* Dale Jr. has eight top-15 finishes in the last nine races.
* Dale Jr. has finished in the top-10 in each of the last three races and in five of the last six at New Hampshire.
* In 13 career starts at NHIS, the Budweiser team has three top-five finishes and six top-10s. Dale Jr. has led five races there for 175 laps, the most coming in 2003 when he led 120 laps en route to a fifth-place finish in the Sylvania 300.
* Dale Jr. has started sixth or better in five of the last six races at Loudon.
* Dale Jr. has finished 11th or better in four of the five races at tracks one mile in length or shorter, including a victory at the three-quarter mile Richmond International Raceway on May 6.
* Seven of Dale Jr.'s 17 career victories have come on tracks one mile in length or shorter.
* Dale Jr. is third in points for the second week in a row, the highest he's been in the Nextel Cup point standings in 2006.