Bobby Labonte on racing at New Hampshire Motor Speedway: "New Hampshire is a challenging track to get around. I've been upside down there before. It's not a track that I've always done well at or even won at but I enjoy racing there. They've ...
Bobby Labonte on racing at New Hampshire Motor Speedway:
"New Hampshire is a challenging track to get around. I've been upside down there before. It's not a track that I've always done well at or even won at but I enjoy racing there. They've changed the banking and the surface there quite a bit over the years and as a race car driver, you never really know what will be different or the same when you show up. I think that's a good thing. They've made the right changes so we can race two wide there now and pass. These cars are heavy so they make racing at New Hampshire more challenging.
"We had a good race car last week so I'm confident we'll have the same this week. I think Ben (Leslie) and the guys have a good thing going for this weekend and I'm looking forward to climbing into the Ask.com car at New Hampshire.'
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at New Hampshire Motor Speedway:
"We've got a great intermediate track package at Yates and I'm confident we'll have a good run this weekend at New Hampshire. Last week we were so close to having a top-10 or even a top-five finish. The guys were fast getting Bobby off pit road and our engineering support had the fuel mileage where it needed to be to stay in the top-10 or better. We're looking ahead to this weekend and hope we can get Bobby his first win ever at New Hampshire."
* This weekend's race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway will mark Labonte's 29th start at the 1.058-mile oval.
* In 28 starts, Labonte has only received one DNF.
* Labonte has one pole award, five top-five and 10 top-10 finishes at NHMS.
* Labonte has led 62 laps in his career at New Hampshire and completed 8,082 of 8,272 laps -- a 97.7 percent consistency.
* Labonte has an average start of 13.8 and an average finish of 15.2 at the paperclip oval.