Ken Schrader Notes & Quotes "M&M's"Â® Racing Team/Pocono Raceway Pocono 500 Schrader's Thoughts On The Pocono 500... "Racing at Pocono is always a challenging and interesting experience. There is definitely no other place like it on the...
Ken Schrader Notes & Quotes
"M&M's"® Racing Team/Pocono Raceway
Schrader's Thoughts On The Pocono 500...
"Racing at Pocono is always a challenging and interesting experience. There is definitely no other place like it on the circuit. Every corner at Pocono is different, and you really have to adjust and drive each one accordingly. So it's a pretty tricky little place for both the crew and the driver. When people ask what tracks I'm looking forward to, I always include Pocono. We've been pretty strong in qualifying at Pocono. If we can get some luck on the track, the "M&M's"® team could have a good weekend."
"M&M's"® Racing At Pocono Raceway ...
* Pocono Raceway is one of Schrader's favorites when it comes to qualifying, and the "M&M's"® Racing Team is hoping for a pole-winning performance this weekend. Schrader has led the field to the green flag five times at the 2.5-mile track. He has won poles in 1989, 1992, 1993 (both races) and 1995. The No. 36 team started third last June and fourth last July at Pocono. This season, Schrader's best performance has been starting from the outside pole at Rockingham.
* Schrader and the "M&M's"® Racing Team are bringing the same No. 36 car they ran at Pocono Raceway last season in both the June and July races.
"We ran well and qualified well in the car last year," said crew chief Newt Moore. "We should be pretty good and not have any problems other than the unforeseen, which is what keeps biting us anyway."
* It's not exactly in "M&M's"® backyard, but Pocono Raceway could be considered the home track for the No. 36 car's primary sponsor. The famous triangular track is a little more than an hour northwest of the famous chocolate candy maker's headquarters in Hackettstown, N.J.
* The "M&M's"® Racing Team tested at Virginia International Raceway on Tuesday in preparation for the upcoming road course races at Sears Point and Watkins Glen.
* The "M&M's"® press kit is available online at www.mmsmotorsports.com. There is a special section for media members called media kit - the user name is mms and the password is racing. Just click there for weekly updates and downloadable photos.