Travis Kvapil No. 28 Yates Racing Ford Fusion Chassis: Primary -- RK -- 514 Backup -- RK -- 507 Kvapil on racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway: "I've always enjoyed racing at Las Vegas. Ever since they ...
Travis Kvapil No. 28 Yates Racing Ford Fusion
Chassis: Primary -- RK -- 514
Backup -- RK -- 507
Kvapil on racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway:
"I've always enjoyed racing at Las Vegas. Ever since they reconfigured the track, I've really liked going out there. I won a truck race there a few years back and had a pretty good run last year there. We had a top-10 car under us last weekend and if we hadn't gone down a lap early in the race, I think we would have had a top-10 finish. Ben (Leslie) and all the guys on the No. 28 car did a great job last weekend overcoming qualifying and getting our car really good for the race.
"Yates Racing has a solid intermediate program and I know we should have a good run there this weekend. It's the Shelby 427 this weekend and on Thursday, I'm going out to Nellis Air Force Base to race an F-16 in a Ford Mustang. It should be a pretty exciting deal out there on Thursday."
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway:
"We have a great car for this weekend's race in Las Vegas. This is a track that really suits Travis and track that has been really good to Ford Racing since it was reconfigured. We had a good car last week but got caught a lap down there in the middle of the race, otherwise it would have been a lot better run for us. Hopefully, this weekend, Travis can go out there and post another top-10 finish like last season."
* Travis Kvapil has one top-10 finish in three Sprint Cup Series starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
* Kvapil has led nine laps at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the Sprint Cup Series.
* Last weekend Kvapil posted an impressive 18th-place finish after going down a lap early into the race.
* In the Camping World Truck Series, Kvapil has one pole award, one win, four top-five and four top-10s at the 1.5-mile, D-shaped oval.
* On Thursday afternoon, Kvapil will race against an F-16 at Nellis Air Force Base -- Kvapil will pilot a Ford Mustang in the event.