Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis ...
Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #401 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. This is the same chassis that finished 15th at Fontana two weeks ago. In four starts in 2004, this chassis had one top-10 and two top-15 finishes.
* Qualifying at Las Vegas: Marlin's highest qualifying effort is eighth which he did in 2001.
* Racing at Las Vegas: In seven starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Marlin has three top-10 finishes and has been running at the end of all seven events.
* Double Duty: For the third weekend in a row, Marlin will be pulling double duty when he runs the Busch Series race for Fitz Bradshaw Racing. Marlin will be behind the wheel of the No. 40 Dodge on Saturday.
* Fascinating Fact: Only four of the 17 drivers that have competed in all seven races at Las Vegas are ranked in the current NASCAR Top 10, and Marlin is one of those four.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin is still holding strong to his spot in the top 10 after the first two events of the 2005 season. Marlin's 15th-place finish dropped him one spot to ninth in the points standings, just 80 points out of the top spot. What a difference a year makes, after two events last season Marlin was sitting 28th.
STERLING MARLIN QUOTES:
"I am excited for the race this weekend. We came out here and tested and we had a decent car. We came back and changed some things and I think that we have gotten this car ready for this weekend. Winning at Las Vegas is always fun and hopefully we can keep the Coors Light team in the championship race with another solid run this weekend."