Robby Gordon, No. 7 Harrah's Chevrolet Bad Boy of Poker On Board: To launch Harrah's Entertainment's premier event of the 2006 season with Robby Gordon Motorsports, nine-time World Series of Poker champion Phil Hellmuth, Jr., will bring his best...
Robby Gordon, No. 7 Harrah's Chevrolet
Bad Boy of Poker On Board: To launch Harrah's Entertainment's premier event of the 2006 season with Robby Gordon Motorsports, nine-time World Series of Poker champion Phil Hellmuth, Jr., will bring his best bluff and tough call tactics to the No. 7 Harrah's team as celebrity crew chief for the 400-mile event in the Vegas desert. With Hellmuth by his side, crew chief Greg Erwin hopes to raise the odds for the team to cash in on their first win at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Harrah's Fast Facts:
* Harrah's Debut - Sunday's UAW-DaimlerChrysler 400 is the first event of the 2006 campaign where Harrah's will be the primary sponsor of the No. 7 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. Founded in 1937, Las Vegas-based Harrah's Entertainment, Inc. is the world's premier provider of branded casino entertainment and owns or manages through various subsidiaries more than 40 casinos in three countries, primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names. Harrah's Entertainment is a prime national corporate sponsor of the Meals On Wheels Association of America's "March For Meals" campaign, a nationwide initiative to end senior hunger and has committed at least $1 million of support over three years to Meals On Wheels programs. Jim Beam, Menard's and CarLoan.com will serve as associate sponsors.
* Chassis - Robby Gordon Motorsports will be running Chassis No. 103 during this weekend's race. Chassis 103 was last on track at Homestead-Miami Speedway in November and made an impressive showing when Gordon captured a 14th-place finish at the season finale.
* Vegas Track Facts - In six NASCAR Nextel Cup Series starts at the one-and-a-half-mile oval, Gordon has recorded two top-15 qualifying efforts and one top-15 finish of 13th in March 2000. In one Busch Series start in 2004, Gordon took the green in sixth and finished 19th at the checkered flag.
* Tune In - Gordon will be on the Jim Rome Radio Show on Friday, March 10 at 10:30 a.m. PST and sit down with the cast of SPEED's Trackside Friday evening. Gordon can also be heard on Sunday's Race Day on Fox Sports Radio program from 6-9 a.m. EST on 154 FOX affiliates nationwide, XM Channel 142 and the American Forces Network in 177 countries across the globe.
* Out and About - Fans are invited to meet Gordon and other NASCAR stars at the first Harrah's FanFest event to be held on Thursday, March 9 from 6-8 p.m. at the Augustus Ballroom at Caesars Palace. Gordon will be joined by Casey Mears, Sterling Marlin, Paul Menard, Larry McReynolds and Jeff Hammond. The driver of the No. 7 Chevy will also be signing autographs at the Robby Gordon Motorsports souvenir trailer on Saturday, March 11 from noon - 12:45 p.m. and on Sunday, March 12 from 9:45 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
* Third Time's a Charm - Heading into the third race of the season, Gordon will make his third of five qualifying attempts necessary before guaranteeing a starting spot inside the top-35 Nextel Cup teams for the remainder of the season. Gordon is currently 17th in the point standings, 146 points out of the lead.
Robby Gordon's Quotes on Las Vegas:
"I don't think there's one driver on the circuit that doesn't enjoy making the trip to Vegas, and I'm no exception. There's not one city that we race in that I enjoy more. It's a fun town, and I'm looking forward to putting on a good show for our hometown sponsor, Harrah's, and all their invited guests. We've got a packed schedule this weekend, with Harrah's FanFest on Thursday night at Caesars, and an exciting Sunday with nine-time World Series of Poker champion, Phil Hellmuth, Jr., helping Greg out on top of the pit box. There's no better place than Vegas to learn a couple of tricks of the trade from a poker legend who's used to making tough calls every time he sits down at the table."
"The Vegas track is all about handling, and if we're able to get our Harrah's Chevy to turn in the corner and keep up the strong down force package we've had over the past couple of weeks, we'll be a contender on Sunday."