Kenseth on racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway: "I'm eager to get a chance to race at Las Vegas this weekend. Last year we only ran six laps before our engine expired so we weren't able to see how good our car was. Las Vegas is a bumpier race...
Kenseth on racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway:
"I'm eager to get a chance to race at Las Vegas this weekend. Last year we only ran six laps before our engine expired so we weren't able to see how good our car was. Las Vegas is a bumpier race track surface than Fontana was this past weekend so I know that Todd and the guys are focused on making sure that our balance and shock packages are exactly where we need them to be. Handling is a priority at Las Vegas because if we can get our car into the corners faster, we can run down the straightaway faster."
Crew chief Todd Parrott on racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway:
"Matt and the pit crew did a great job last weekend at Fontana and fortunately this week I have a little more time to prepare for this weekend's race. Since the cars were en route to California, I won't see our car firsthand until Friday morning when we unload. I'm looking forward to this weekend because I've been fortunate enough to have had some success at Las Vegas Motor Speedway throughout my career. It's a racetrack that I enjoy racing at every year because I always look forward to having a fast race car there."
* Kenseth is rated fifth among active drivers for the best average finish at LVMS with a 12.4 average
* In ten Cup starts at LVMS, Kenseth has completed 2,292 of 2,572 laps (89.1 percent) and led for 438
* Kenseth's 438 laps led are the most in track history at LVMS
* Kenseth has an average starting position of 20.0 and an average finishing position of 12.4 at LVMS
* Kenseth has achieved two wins, four top-5's, and five top-10's at Las Vegas in the Cup series
* Roush Fenway Racing has claimed six wins at LVMS, the most of any other Cup series team
* This weekend at Las Vegas, Kenseth will pilot the No. 17 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering the Shelby American at LVMS, Kenseth is currently seventh in the NSCS driver point standings