Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * Kasey Kahne makes his fifth career start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway this weekend. * In his previous four starts at Las Vegas, Kahne has earned two top-five finishes, with his best performance at...
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* Kasey Kahne makes his fifth career start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway this weekend.
* In his previous four starts at Las Vegas, Kahne has earned two top-five finishes, with his best performance at the track being a second-place finish. Kahne earned the runner-up spot during his Las Vegas Sprint Cup Series debut in 2004.
* Kahne has finished no worse than fourth at Las Vegas during the races in which he finished. He has two DNFs at Las Vegas which were the result of accidents (2005 and 2007).
* Kahne has started NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Las Vegas from the pole two times -- 2004 and 2007.
* Kahne has led at least one lap during three of the four races in which he has competed at Las Vegas for a total of 57 laps led.
* Kahne will be available for interviews on Friday, February 29 at 9:35 a.m. PST in front of the No. 9 Budweiser Team transporter.
Kasey Kahne Discusses Racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
What are your thoughts on Las Vegas Motor Speedway?
"Las Vegas is a fun track and a pretty fun place to visit. As far as the track goes, it's went through some changes but I expect the racing will be even better this year. It should be interesting with this new car there this weekend. We felt pretty good about the test we had there in January and we had a good race in California going before that last pit stop and the car got too loose. We're taking the same car to Las Vegas this weekend so I think it will be good."
How does the race in California help prepare the team for this weekend?
"I think the race in California gave us a lot of confidence and gave us an idea that we are heading in the right direction. The team did a lot of work in the off season to make our cars better and it felt like that work paid off at California. We're probably off to the best start we've ever had after two top-10 finishes so we feel like we have a little momentum. We are racing the California car this week in Vegas and hopefully we'll see more of the same this week."
What are your thoughts so far on this new car in regards to how it performs at intermediate tracks?
"I think it's been good. The way the car handles you can free it up and still be able to use all the engine power. We haven't raced a lot yet but between the race at California and the test sessions we had at Las Vegas and California I've found the car to be pretty fun to drive. I thought Monday's race at California was a good one and there was a good bit of passing. I think the biggest thing for me is just knowing what kind of space I am in when I'm around other cars so my spotter has been giving me extra information but it's been good."