JASON KELLER/ CJM RACING TEAM FAST FACTS: * This will be the team's first visit to Las Vegas Motor Speedway since entering into the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) * CJM Racing is still searching for a full-time sponsorship partner this season...
JASON KELLER/ CJM RACING TEAM FAST FACTS:
* This will be the team's first visit to Las Vegas Motor Speedway since entering into the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS)
* CJM Racing is still searching for a full-time sponsorship partner this season and will be running an all white race car at Las Vegas
* CJM Racing hopes to back up their performance from California Speedway on Monday. The team finished 14th in their first race out west
* Keller will be receiving the Featherlite Most Improved Driver Award this weekend. CJM Racing moved up 16 positions to 19th in driver point standings
* Keller has 10 starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and came close to a win back in 2001 where he finished 3rd
* Average starting position is 16th and the average finishing position is 20th
* Keller will be making an appearance at Sam's Town Thursday evening (6 pm PT) for a charity event benefiting the Speedway Children's Charity
* CJM Racing will be running chassis #03 at Las Vegas; #03 is a brand new chassis
KELLER'S THOUGHTS ON LAST WEEKEND:
"I'm very happy on how things turned out in California. We knew we had some work to do on our intermediate program and the team spent a lot of time in the off-season trying to figure out where we were lacking. The car was really good
and it only needed minor adjustments to be competitive. If we had some more laps to run, I'm sure we could of run down the guys in front of us and posted our first top-10 of the season. Hopefully this momentum will continue as we head into Vegas."
THOUGHTS ON LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY:
"We just tested at Las Vegas Motor Speedway so I'm feeling pretty confident heading into this weekend. We're bringing the same car that we tested last month and by the end of the test session we were running up front. Pit strategy is going to play a big part in the outcome of this race. We are running a smaller fuel cell so I think we'll see a lot of fuel only stops throughout the race."