Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis ...
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis #304 to compete in the UAW-DiamlerChrysler 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. McMurray raced Chassis #304 to a third-place finish two weeks ago at North Carolina Speedway in Rockingham, N.C. Chassis #304 was raced eight times during the 2003 season and scored two top-five and five top-10 finishes.
* Las Vegas Facts: McMurray finished 32nd in his NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series debut at Las Vegas last year.
* McMurray Notes: McMurray heads into Las Vegas coming off a dominating performance at Rockingham. He won his fourth straight NASCAR Busch Series race and scored his second top-five finish in his fourth NEXTEL Cup Series start at North Carolina Speedway. McMurray finished third in the Subway 400 at Rockingham. McMurray currently sits 11th in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points, only 115 out of the lead.
* 2004 marks Jamie McMurray's sophomore season behind the wheel of the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series. The Joplin, Mo. native was named the 2003 NASCAR Raybestos Rookie of the Year
* McMurray competed in all 36 races in 2003, scoring five top-five and 13 top-10 finishes, along with one Bud Pole Award. He finished 13th in the final 2003 point standings.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
Thoughts on "Vegas": "We tested out in Vegas back in January and I feel like we learned a lot of things during the test that we took back to the shop to make the Texaco/Havoline Dodge strong for the Vegas race. We're taking the same car to Las Vegas that we ran at Rockingham in the last race and had a shot to win with, so I'm very excited about our chances in Vegas. I feel like we're starting out the 2004 season with a lot of momentum on our side."