No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Fun Fact: This will be David Stremme's first Cup Series start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). He has two Busch Series starts at LVMS and he finished third in both races. * Chassis: Crew Chief Jeff ...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Fun Fact: This will be David Stremme's first Cup Series start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). He has two Busch Series starts at LVMS and he finished third in both races.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Jeff Vandermoss and the No. 40 crew will be taking chassis No. 114 for the UAW-DaimlerChrysler 400 this weekend. This chassis was run by three different CGRFS drivers last season: Casey Mears, Sterling Marlin and Reed Sorenson. In seven starts, the chassis' finishing average was 24th.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently tied for fifth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings after his 33rd-place effort in California last weekend. Stremme, with 14 points, is seven points behind leader Clint Boyer and he is tied with Brent Sherman and teammate Reed Sorenson.
* Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Appearance: Stremme will be at the local Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon on Thursday afternoon from 4 to 6 p.m.
* Coors Appearances: Stremme will be appearing at the Beverage & Food Convention and Trade Show on Wednesday afternoon from 12 to 2 p.m. He will be at the Coors booth #4121 signing autographs and meeting with attendees.
On Friday night Stremme will be at the Union Plaza Hotel & Casino from 7 to 8 p.m. and then the Hooters Hotel from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. Come by and check out the new driver of the No. 40 Dodge.
* 2006 Sponsors: The No. 40 Dodge Charger will sport both the Coors Light and Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon logos this season. The two will serve as the primary sponsors for 17 races each, and as associate sponsors for the other 19 races.
David Stremme Quotes:
"This weekend is an important weekend for us. The No. 40 Dodge could really use a good finish and we need to gain some points to make sure we stay in the top 35. It has definitely been a rough start to the season but the team has worked hard this past week and a half to get chassis No. 114 ready for the race this weekend. I have had two strong finishes at this track in my two starts in the Busch Series. I know I can go out there and run well and I will be looking for a top-10 or top-15 this weekend.
Las Vegas is one of the tracks that are fun on and off the racetrack. I have a lot of appearances for my two sponsors Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon and Coors Light so it should be an entertaining week. I am leaving Tuesday for the Beverage & Food Convention and Trade Show and then I am doing a Lone Star appearance on Thursday."
Jeff Vandermoss, Crew Chief Quotes:
"This weekend we are going to set-up the car like the other Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates cars. The No. 41 and No. 42 cars both had very successful tests in Las Vegas in January so we are going to run what they do and see if that helps. The team has been working hard trying out some new things this season and we have had some bad luck the past two races. Everyone is working hard and our goal this weekend is to bring home a top-15 finish for the Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Dodge."
David Stremme, Las Vegas Motor Speedway Stats:
Sam's Town 300
Sam's Town 300
2006 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Results
David Stremme's Cumulative NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Stats:
Starts Wins Top 5s Top 10s Poles Winnings
6 0 0 0 0 $ 619,283
No. 40 Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Crew:
No. 40 Crew:
Green Bay, Wis.
Catch Can Man
Green Bay, Wis.
Carney's Point, N.J.
Oak Lawn, Ill.
Front Tire Changer
Front Tire Carrier
Rear Tire Changer
Los Angeles, Calif.
Ocean City, N.J.
Rear Tire Carrier
Jennifer Powell Media Relations Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Office: (704) 662-9642 x1147 firstname.lastname@example.org