Bobby Labonte -- Fast Facts * For the first time, the No. 96 Ask.com paint scheme will include a name other than Bobby Labonte on the car. Ask.com has created an employee initiative program which awards outstanding employees with a space on the...
Bobby Labonte -- Fast Facts
* For the first time, the No. 96 Ask.com paint scheme will include a name other than Bobby Labonte on the car. Ask.com has created an employee initiative program which awards outstanding employees with a space on the Hall of Fame Racing NASCAR Sprint Cup Series entry each week. This week's employee is Steve Orr.
* Labonte has two pole awards at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in 11 starts.
* With three top-five and four top-10 finishes at the 1.5-mile tri-oval, Labonte has an average finish of 16th.
* Labonte has completed 2,564 laps at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, 32 of which he has led.
* Labonte, infamous for success at intermediate tracks has 12 wins, 63 top-fives, 97 top-10s and 16 pole awards at tracks similar to Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
BOBBY LABONTE No. 96 Ask.com Ford Fusion
Chassis: RK-601 Last outing: Homestead, 2008 (Finished 6th)
Back Up Chassis: RK-574 Last outing: New Chassis
Bobby Labonte on racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the Shelby 427:
"We learned a lot as a team last week in Fontana. I had the chance to get some laps completed somewhere besides Daytona. It was a great experience and I'm really looking forward to taking what we learned and applying it to the Shelby 427 this weekend. Todd has some great ideas and I can't wait to see how it comes together. I was happy finishing the Auto Club 500 in the top-20 but I know that we can be better."
Crew chief Todd Parrott on racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the Shelby 427:
"Las Vegas is going to give us a chance to put our new-found knowledge on the car to the test. I think we've come home and made the right adjustments. We're looking forward to a great race this weekend. We were pleased to have Bobby finish in the top-20 put are looking to secure even better finishes from here. Consistent finishes at intermediate tracks will help us do that.
"Las Vegas is one of those tracks that is just really fun. I like working on the set up for this kind of race and I think we've got a great car for this weekend. Ford Racing tends to have success at this track and I think it's the No. 96 team's time to shine. The guys have been working really hard on the car and the over-the-wall guys have been training hard too. I'm really looking forward to getting back to racing this weekend for the Shelby 427."