Bobby Labonte: "Las Vegas is a track that has been good to me over the years. I'm lucky enough to have competed in every Sprint Cup race held there and I finished all but one. Last year they reconfigure the banking and pit road. This year...
"Las Vegas is a track that has been good to me over the years. I'm lucky enough to have competed in every Sprint Cup race held there and I finished all but one. Last year they reconfigure the banking and pit road. This year we are bringing the new chassis. So it's a brand-new racetrack, in a sense. The track changes have made it into a place that has multiple grooves for passing. We should be in for a good race. We tested over the winter so we have a pretty good grasp of what we need for our No. 43 Cheerios 'Circle of Helping Hearts' Dodge."
"Jeff Meendering and I have really hit it off well. Like any new driver/crew chief combination, we are working to improve our communication. After California, we went to "The King's" ranch in Wyoming to ride snowmobiles. We just wanted to get away from the track and get to know each other better. Jeff is going to be a top-notch crew chief in the business for a long time. I see us having great runs and challenging for wins together in the future."
"This weekend's race is special to the Dodge teams because our manufacturer is the title sponsor. Dodge does a great job in supporting our programs. A Dodge Charger went to Victory Lane in the Daytona 500 and we've all enjoyed better runs in 2008 with the new chassis thanks to their support. It takes a combined effort to win at the NASCAR Sprint Cup level. I see that effort in everything Dodge does for us at Petty Enterprises."
* This weekend Labonte is running a special Cheerios "Circle of Helping Hearts" paint scheme.
* Labonte has started from the pole twice at the track, in 1999 and 2003. He has started within the top-10 on half of his visits to Vegas.
* Labonte has raced at Las Vegas 10 times, garnering three top-5 and four top-10 finishes
* The most recent top-5 for the driver came in 2003 when he finished fourth
* Of a possible 2,297 laps at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Labonte has completed 2,554 (89.9%) including 32 laps led
* Last spring Labonte finished 13th at Las Vegas Motor Speedway after starting in the 42nd position
* Labonte is off to a good start for the 2008 season, he currently sits 16th in points