* "Richmond was a real good race track for the Skoal Racing team last year," said Ken Schrader, driver of the No. 33 Skoal Racing Monte Carlo. "It has a very smooth racing surface and it is real easy to pass just about anywhere on the track. It...
* "Richmond was a real good race track for the Skoal Racing team last year," said Ken Schrader, driver of the No. 33 Skoal Racing Monte Carlo. "It has a very smooth racing surface and it is real easy to pass just about anywhere on the track. It really makes for some good racing. "If I'm not on a superspeedway, I'd rather be at a short track like Richmond. Brakes are pretty important at Richmond. They're not as big a deal as they are at Martinsville, but we still put the same type of rotors and calipers on. At Richmond, like Martinsville and Bristol, you run wide open down the straights and brake hard going into the turns. The deeper you can drive into the turns, the better your lap times are."
* "We're taking the same car that we ran at New Hampshire and Martinsville," said Sam Johns, crew chief of the No. 33 Skoal Racing Monte Carlo. "It is a good short track car and I think it has the best chance at a good finish. "I'm extremely proud of the way the team has been working the past couple of weeks. We're heading into this weekend with two straight top-10 finishes. On top of that, the pit stops have improved tremendously. We've been gaining positions in the pits for Schrader and that's important with the competition as close as it is in NASCAR."
* Schrader left from Darlington Raceway and headed to Los Angeles to participate in the LA Street Race. Since he missed qualifying, Schrader had to start at the back of the field. He rallied back and was among the top 10 when the brakes failed. From there, he left for Salt Lake City, Utah, and competed in the Winston West event at Rocky Mountain Raceway. He was leading the event when he cut a right front tire and had to pit, losing three laps. He returned to the race and finished ninth.
* Schrader will compete in the AutoLite 250 Busch Series event at Richmond on Friday in the No. 15 Oakwood Homes Monte Carlo.