No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Race Facts KASEY KAHNE QUOTES "I'm really excited about going to Kansas; excited about the rest of the year. I ran good there last year in the Busch car. I'm looking forward to qualifying and the race. We have...
No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Race Facts
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
"I'm really excited about going to Kansas; excited about the rest of the year. I ran good there last year in the Busch car. I'm looking forward to qualifying and the race. We have great engines, great race cars and have the ability to make them go fast the whole race. We just run better at tracks like Kansas. I enjoy the mile and mile-and-half tracks; they seem to suit my style of driving.
"We have some really good tracks we're going to the next seven races, so we're looking to have good results."
KASEY KAHNE AT KANSAS
* This weekend will mark Kahne's first NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series points-race at Kansas.
* Entering this weekend, Kahne has run in the last two NASCAR Busch Series events at Kansas. He earned his best start of sixth, and his best finish of sixth in the May race last year. He started 11th and finished eighth in his most recent start last October, earning him two top-10s at the track.
ADDING UP THE POINTS
* Kahne moves to 14th place in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series rankings after racing at Talladega. He is just 65 points out of the 13th position and 107 points out of 12th place.
KEEP THE TOP FIVES ALIVE
* Kahne is chasing NASCAR's modern-era record for top-five finishes by a rookie driver. (See Table)
* Kahne is one of only four drivers to have scored 10 or more top-five finishes this season.
* Kahne has five top fives in his last 10 races.
CAR 55 WHERE ARE YOU?
* Chassis No. 55 out of the Evernham Motorsports stables has been a force on the NASCAR circuit this year with Kasey Kahne behind the wheel. When running this chassis, Kahne has earned six top-five finishes (2nd at Las Vegas, Texas, Michigan-a, and California-b, fourth at Indy, fifth at Michigan-b) and two pole positions (Las Vegas and California) while leading 328 laps this year.
RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BESTS
* Kahne's four pole positions are two shy of Ryan Newman's record six poles in a rookie season.
* After 29 races, Kahne has a commanding 93-point lead in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year race.
* Kahne's total of 425 laps led is nearly than three times the combined amount of laps led by the five other 2004 Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year candidates (144). He also has more poles, top fives and top 10s than the combined amount of his Rookie-of-the-Year competitors.
FAST ON FRIDAYS
* Kahne earned his fourth pole (Las Vegas, Darlington, California and Pocono) and his second track qualifying record (Las Vegas, Pocono) at Pocono in June.
* Evernham Motorsports has set three track qualifying records this season (Kahne -- Las Vegas and Pocono (a), Mayfield -- Dover).
* Kahne tied Art Watts (1957) for the quickest any driver has reached four career poles -- 14 races.