Kansas Speedway News and Notes * Kansas' No. 36 Camry...The 360 OTC Racing team will utilize chassis No. 107 this weekend at Kansas Speedway. Jeremy Mayfield last drove this car at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway. * Mayfield's Career ...
Kansas Speedway News and Notes
* Kansas' No. 36 Camry...The 360 OTC Racing team will utilize chassis No. 107 this weekend at Kansas Speedway. Jeremy Mayfield last drove this car at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway.
* Mayfield's Career Stats...Mayfield hopes to make his 415th career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start when the green flag waves Sunday afternoon. Mayfield made his first career Cup Series start in October 1993 at Lowe's Motor Speedway and finished 36th (qualified 38th) in his first Cup Series start in Kansas in 2001.
* Mayfield in Kansas...Mayfield has made five starts on the 1.5-mile oval during his Cup Series career and has only started outside the top 16 on one occasion. He has also earned three top-10 finishes, including a third-place effort in 2003. Mayfield has not competed at the track since 2005.
* BDR at Kansas...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at the track since 2001 and have made 10 starts. Those drivers have posted one top-10 finish.
* Jacques Watch...Bill Davis Racing driver Jacques Villeneuve is scheduled to test an ARCA RE/MAX car at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway Tuesday in preparation for the upcoming event at that track. Villeneuve finished 21st after qualifying seventh, in his first NASCAR outing last week during the Craftsman Truck Series event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. He will do double duty in Talladega in two weeks, as he will compete in both the ARCA RE/MAX Series (Friday) and the Craftsman Truck Series (Saturday).
* Listen and Watch Qualifying for Sunday afternoon's event is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 28. The 267-lap event is scheduled to start at 2:10 p.m. ET Sunday, Sept. 30, and will broadcast live on ABC (TV), MRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.