McMurray on racing at Kansas Speedway: "Racing at Kansas Speedway is always a bit of a homecoming for me since it's the closest track to my hometown of Joplin, Missouri. It's always a great feeling to come to Kansas and know that we have so...
McMurray on racing at Kansas Speedway:
"Racing at Kansas Speedway is always a bit of a homecoming for me since it's the closest track to my hometown of Joplin, Missouri. It's always a great feeling to come to Kansas and know that we have so many supporters here supporting me and this Crown Royal team. Kansas is very similar to racing at Chicagoland Speedway, except for the fact that the banking at Kansas isn't quite as high. We still get pretty fast speeds off the turns and now that the track surface has begun to widen out, drivers now have the ability to pass and run a few different lines. I'd love to get a great finish in front of these Kansas fans."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Kansas Speedway:
"We're going to look to continue to build upon the speed we had at Dover this weekend. Kansas is similar to a track like Fontana which is a place we ran well at earlier in the season. The goal is to just keep looking forward and trying to improve ourselves each and every week. I feel that we've learned a few things these past few weeks that will help us out and hopefully we can carry those concepts with us into Kansas and have a good run this weekend with our Crown Royal Ford. We're bringing the same car we raced at Charlotte for the All-Star events which was a really great car for us, so I'd like to see similar success out of it this weekend."
* McMurray's hometown of Joplin, Missouri is just 155 miles from Kansas Speedway
* In his six career Cup series starts at Kansas, McMurray averages a 22.0 starting position and a 19.3 finishing position
* McMurray has recorded two top-ten finishes at Kansas
* McMurray's best Cup series starting position at Kansas of 10th and finishing position of seventh came in the 2004 Banquet 400
* This weekend at Kansas, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering the Price Chopper 400, McMurray is currently 23rd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings