FAST FACTS: * Jamie McMurray, a native of Joplin, Mo., returns to Kansas Speedway this weekend, where in four starts has two top-10 finishes. * In just his second outing at the 1.5-mile speedway, McMurray led 19 laps before going on to finish...
* Jamie McMurray, a native of Joplin, Mo., returns to Kansas Speedway this weekend, where in four starts has two top-10 finishes.
* In just his second outing at the 1.5-mile speedway, McMurray led 19 laps before going on to finish with a career-best finish of seventh at Kansas Speedway.
* Last weekend, McMurray scored his eighth top-10 finish of 2007 at Dover International Speedway.
* This weekend, McMurray will pilot his No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion.
McMurray on racing at Kansas Speedway:
"The last few weeks have been really good for the No. 26 team. Each weekend we've unloaded a really good car. Even though we didn't finish Richmond, I knew how good our car really was, and so did the rest of the team. And the last two weeks in the COT, we've continued making big strides, and feel like we are starting to catch up with everyone else. Hopefully, the top-10 finish in Dover will keep the momentum going as we head to Kansas this weekend.
"Racing at Kansas is always pretty cool because it's my hometown track. You always see a bunch of people that you know and remember from when you lived there. I know it's a special track for me, Carl (Edwards), and Clint (Bowyer), as we are all pretty close to our hometowns.
"In my first two races at Kansas, I finished both in the top 10, but since then I just haven't had the same luck at the hometown track. This weekend we are taking the same car that we ran pretty well with at Fontana. I'm hoping the momentum swing continues for the No. 26 Crown Royal team and we can post another good finish in front of my hometown crowd at Kansas this weekend."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Kansas Speedway:
"This weekend at Kansas Speedway we are running chassis RK -- 393, which is the same chassis that we ran at Fontana just a few weeks ago. We brought the car back and fixed some of the damage to the car, and worked on some of the body. After seeing this car perform well in the wind tunnel, I'm hoping that will transfer over to the track. I know this is a track that Jamie would like to run really well at, as it is his hometown track. The guys on the No. 26 team have been really excited with our last few races, and hopefully we can keep that up this weekend. We were the ones with a lot of good luck last week, and this weekend we are hoping for the same thing."
* Sept. 28 - ***PUBLIC APPEARANCE*** - Ford Racing Appearance - Ford FanFest, Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, Kan.; 6:30pm - 8:00pm