HISTORICAL DATA * Last Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win at Kansas: Ryan Newman, 10/5/2003, Banquet 400 DODGE IN THE CHASE * Kurt Busch currently sits fourth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings after his fifth-place finish in ...
* Last Dodge NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Win at Kansas: Ryan Newman, 10/5/2003, Banquet 400
DODGE IN THE CHASE
* Kurt Busch currently sits fourth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings after his fifth-place finish in Dover last weekend.
* Kasey Kahne is 12th in the standings after finishing eighth at the Monster Mile.
* Two Dodge drivers (Jeremy Mayfield and Ryan Newman) were in the inaugural Chase in 2004.
* In 2005, three Dodge drivers (Mayfield, Newman and Rusty Wallace) made the Chase field with Newman winning the opener at New Hampshire.
* Kasey Kahne was the lone Dodge driver in the 2006 Chase field. He finished eighth at the conclusion of the 10-race Chase.
* The Chase field was expanded from 10 to 12 drivers in 2007. Kurt Busch was the lone Dodge representative; he finished seventh in the final standings.
* There were no Dodges in the 2008 Chase field.
THE CHASE -- KURT BUSCH AT KANSAS
* Busch started 31st and finished 30th in the fall event at Kansas last year.
* In five Chase events at Kansas, Busch has one top-10 finish (2004).
* In all eight starts at Kansas, Busch has two-top 10 finishes.
* Busch has led 79 laps at Kansas
* Busch is making his fourth Chase appearance and second driving a Dodge.
* Average start at Kansas: 19.5 Average finish: 20.8
THE CHASE -- KASEY KAHNE AT KANSAS
* Kahne started eighth and finished 21st at the event last year at Kansas.
* In the one Chase event at Kansas (2006) that Kahne participated in, he started on the pole and finished 33rd.
* In all five starts at Kansas, Kahne has one pole and one top-10 finish.
* Kahne has led 50 laps at Kansas.
* Kahne won six races in 2006 and finished eighth in the final standings in his only other Chase appearance.
* Average start at Kansas: 16.4 Average Kansas: 18.8
DODGE AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY
* Dodge has one win at Kansas (Ryan Newman in the 2003 Banquet 400).
* Dodge has claimed the pole at Kansas once (Kasey Kahne) in eight races.
* Dodge finished 1-2-3 at the 2003 Banquet 400 at Kansas Speedway.
* Kurt Busch's best Kansas finish of sixth came in 2004.
* Kasey Kahne's best Kansas finish of ninth came in 2007.
* Dodge's Kurt Busch and Elliott Sadler are two of 13 drivers who have competed in all eight races at Kansas.
* All seven Dodge teams running the full 36-race Sprint Cup Series schedule are in the top 35 in the 2009 owner points and assured a starting spot in Sunday's Kansas 400.
Kasey Kahne, No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger
"Our Budweiser Dodge has been getting better throughout the year. They're in pretty good shape right now and we should run pretty strong out there. I feel like we have a great team and should be good at Kansas."
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge
"The double-file restart rule is probably one of the biggest single moves to create additional excitement in the history of Sprint Cup racing. It's also one of the most challenging changes ever introduced to this level of racing."
AJ Allmendinger, No. 43 Valvoline Dodge
"This is the best team that I've raced with and I know we'll have good stuff this weekend. On Sunday, I'll have one of the best pit crews in the sport. We probably passed a half-dozen cars cars in the pits at Dover and I have no reason to doubt that we can do it again in Kansas."
Elliott Sadler, No. 19 Best Buy Dodge
"I'm looking forward to hosting SFC Gilliam,SSG Babineaux and SGT King. These guys are huge NASCAR fans and Elliott Sadler fans. They got in contact with me several years ago over the Internet and we've stayed in touch ever since. Hopefully this is a nice little going away present for them this weekend. Everyone that knows me realizes I'm a huge supporter of our military. These guys fight for our freedom everyday and this is a chance for me to say, Thank you!"
Kasey Kahne, No. 9 Budweiser Dodge
"Kenny (Francis, crew chief) is a great leader, he takes care of everyone on the 9 team and the entire team leans on him. When you have that type of leadership it makes everything run so much smoother. Kenny is one of the most focused guys I have ever met and he makes you want to work that much harder."
David Stremme, No. 12 Penske Racing Dodge
"The race fans in Kansas are great and passionate about NASCAR. I know [crew chief] Roy [McCauley] and all the guys on the Penske Dodge have been working hard on our mile-and-a-half program. We have made significant gains this season and I am looking forward to this weekend."
Reed Sorenson, No. 43 Monopoly at McDonald's Dodge
"As tight as the points are in our sport that could move a couple of positions at the end of the year. That's important. Our guys have a crash plan. If you watch, each person has a job to do and they do it whenever one of our Petty cars crash. You'll see guys from our other teams come over the help out. Everyone pitches in to get the car back on the track. We were just at the wrong place at the wrong time Sunday and got wrecked."
-credit: dodge motorsports