* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will use chassis PRS-595 during Sunday's 400-mile event at Kansas Speedway. PRS-595 last saw racing action at Michigan International Speedway in early June. Driver David Stremme qualified the...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will use chassis PRS-595 during Sunday's 400-mile event at Kansas Speedway. PRS-595 last saw racing action at Michigan International Speedway in early June. Driver David Stremme qualified the machine in the 26th spot, but was caught up in an accident midway through the event and was relegated to a 28th-place finish.
* Come and See Me... Stremme will be at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer on Sunday, October 4, beginning at 10 a.m. local time (CT). The Penske Racing souvenir trailer is located outside of the frontstretch grandstands in the corporate display area.
* Kansas by the Numbers... Stremme, the 32-year-old South Bend, Ind. driver, has two starts at the 1.5-mile Kansas Speedway. He has an average finish of 21.5 and has completed all but two laps in which has attempted.
* Welcome Home... Aaron "Potter" Vest, tire specialist for the No.12 Penske Dodge, calls Kansas Speedway his home track. Vest was born and raised in Grandview, MO, located just 30 miles from the Midwest circuit, and he still has family in the area. Vest has been in involved in NASCAR racing for over five years.
David Stremme on driving at Kansas Speedway
"I am looking forward to this weekend's race. Kansas City is one of the coolest spots on the NASCAR Cup Series schedule. The facility is built for the fans. It gives them an up-close look at what we do every weekend with the Fan Zone. They can watch the guys go through technical inspection and keep them really close to the action. The race fans in Kansas are great and passionate about NASCAR. I know [crew chief] Roy [McCauley] and all the guys on the Penske Dodge have been working hard on our mile-and-a-half program. We have made significant gains this season and I am looking forward to this weekend."
Crew chief Roy McCauley on racing at Kansas Speedway
"Kansas Speedway is an impressive facility. It is great for both the competitors as well as the fans. There is a lot of side-by-side racing, which is fun to watch. David [Stremme] really enjoys going to the mile-and-a-half tracks. We have had some really strong runs this year at these kinds of facilities so our Penske Dodge team is optimistic about a productive weekend."