Kansas Speedway News and Notes * Blaney's No. 22 Camry...The Caterpillar Racing team plans to use chassis 109 this weekend at Kansas Speedway. This is the same car the team last utilized at California Speedway several weeks ago. * ...
Kansas Speedway News and Notes
* Blaney's No. 22 Camry...The Caterpillar Racing team plans to use chassis 109 this weekend at Kansas Speedway. This is the same car the team last utilized at California Speedway several weeks ago.
* Blaney's Career Stats...Blaney hopes to make his 260th career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start when the green flag waves Sunday afternoon. He made his first career Cup Series start in October 1992 at [Rockingham] North Carolina Speedway and drove his Bill Davis Racing-owned entry to a 10th-place finish (qualified 21st) in his first Cup Series start at the 1.5-mile track in Kansas City.
* Blaney at Kansas...Blaney has made five starts on the 1.5-mile oval during his Cup Series career, starting as high as 17th (2006) and finishing as high as 10th. Blaney has competed in a Bill Davis Racing entry at Kansas twice.
* BDR at Kansas...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at the track since 2001 and have made 10 starts. Those drivers have posted one top-10 finish.
* Bring Your Sharpie...Blaney will sign autographs at the Caterpillar souvenir trailer Sunday morning. Stop by or visit www.daveblaney.com for updates and additional information. He is also scheduled participate in Race Fest 2007 at the Legends shopping area near the track Friday evening.
* Kansas' Broadcast Schedule...Qualifying for Sunday afternoon's event is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 28. The 267-lap event is scheduled to start at 2:10 p.m. ET Sunday, Sept. 30, and will broadcast LIVE on ABC (TV), MRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
Dave Blaney's thoughts on Kansas..."Obviously we need to find a way to put what happened last week in Dover behind us and concentrate on this weekend in Kansas. I'm not sure why this Caterpillar Racing team has struggled so much at Dover this year, but it's definitely something that we'll have to get to the bottom of. That said, I really like the mile and a half ovals, so I'm glad a track like that is what's on tap for this weekend. We've been working so hard to get inside the top 35 in points and we're disappointed that we gave so many points away last week because we really thought we could catch the No. 21. Lucky for us, everyone that we're chasing had some problems, so it's not over yet. This Caterpillar Racing team is pretty tough. Everyone has been through a lot these past couple of years and we all still show up fighting every week. We believe we have what it takes to be competitive week in and week out; we just have to make it all come together."