Bobby Labont ...
Bobby Labont #43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge
"We've proven that we can run well on the short tracks and the one-mile ovals this year. The two top-15 finishes that we've had over the last two weeks are great and they give us some momentum heading into Kansas this weekend, but we still have some work to do. Our intermediate track program is getting better, but we need to find some consistency. It's consistency that gets you into the 'Chase.' That's always going to be the goal."
"This week's test at Lowe's is an important one for us. There are five mile-and-a-half tracks left on the schedule, including Lowe's, and we want to finish the season off with some strong runs. It starts at Kansas. Hopefully we'll hit on a few things that we can apply this weekend, along with the rest of the races. You want to head into the winter months with some pride and excitement. That can carry you through until Speedweeks. Plus, we still have some goals left that we want to reach before we finish up at Homestead."
"The term 'COT' can officially be retired this weekend. It's hard to believe that there is a track left where we haven't raced this car now that we've been using it for the better part of two years. We've really come a long way with it, though. Early in the season it was difficult to get it to turn on the intermediate tracks, but I think we've seen over the last month or so that teams are getting it figured out. Chicago was a good race so I expect we will have another good race this weekend."
* Labonte has competed in all seven Sprint Cup races held at the Kansas Speedway.
* Labonte had consecutive top-five starts at Kansas in the 2003 and 2004 races.
* The consecutive top-15 finishes at Loudon and Dover is the second time Labonte has enjoyed such a streak during the 2008 season.
* Labonte will be signing autographs at the HyVee grocery store in Independence, Mo on Thursday from 6-8 PM.
* The Bobby Labonte Foundation will hold a charity concert on October 17 at the Jerome Davis Ranch Arena in Archdale, NC to benefit the Bobby Labonte Foundation and the Christopher Reeves Paralysis Foundation.