No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger Race Facts KASEY KAHNE QUOTES "We had two good days of testing at the Brickyard on the new surface. We spent the entire time in race trim. We hope to be close to a race setup when we start practice...
No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger Race Facts
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
"We had two good days of testing at the Brickyard on the new surface. We spent the entire time in race trim. We hope to be close to a race setup when we start practice on Friday.
"I remember watching the Indianapolis 500 and Brickyard 400 at home, and dreaming of racing there some day. The track has so much history, so many great moments. It's a race everyone wants to win. But, that's not easy since it's such a demanding track. It's a test for the driver, car and crew, for sure. You have to earn the win at Indy.
"We've had our problems since the win at Richmond. Some have been our own. Some were created by on-track incidents. We're very close to getting things straightened out. We would like nothing better than to make it happen at Indy. We finished fourth last year and think we have a good car for Sunday's race. It's Indy. We're excited."
STATS & FACTS
No. 9 SUCCESS AT THE BRICKYARD
* The No. 9 Dew Crew has helped field a front-running Evernham Dodge is four straight years at Indy. Since 2001, the team has accumulated one win (2002), three top fives and four top 10s in four starts at the Brickyard. The No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge has never finished worse than eighth in the annual Nextel Cup race at Indy.
KASEY KAHNE AT INDY
* The Allstate 400 at the Brickyard will be Kahne's second career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start at Indianapolis.
* Last year, Kahne started 12th and finished fourth despite suffering a cut tire and going one lap down with 100 laps to go in the race. He did not lead any laps.
KAHNE TO RUN 'REVERSE' PIT CAP SCHEME AT INDY
* As a thank-you for the sea of red Kasey Kahne Dodge pit caps seen in the grandstands each weekend, Kahne's No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger will sport a 'reverse' paint scheme of the fan-favorite hat style. The special paint scheme, which will debut at the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard, features a predominantly white design with two red racing stripes across the entire length of the car top -- a 'reverse' color design based upon the popular hat and the replica race car scheme that Kahne debuted in the 2004 Mountain Dew Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway.
* The No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team tested at Indianapolis Motor Speedway last month, July 18-19. Kahne turned a total of 220 laps on the historic 2.5-mile track to prepare for the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard.
EVERNHAM MOTORSPORTS IN GOOD HANDS
* This June, Evernham Motorsports announced a multi-year associate sponsorship deal with Allstate. Jeremy Mayfield, Kasey Kahne, Bill Elliott and Evernham Motorsports crew members will all wear the Allstate logo on their uniforms. Allstate will also work with members from Evernham Motorsports' driver development program, including Tommy Lane and Erin Crocker, on a broader diversity program with NASCAR.
KAHNE CHARGES TO VICTORY AT RICHMOND!!!
* Kahne claimed his first NASCAR Nextel Cup Series victory at Richmond. He started from the pole position, led seven times for 242 laps, and never fell out of the top ten, en route to his first career victory.
* Kahne's win was also the first of the season for the new Dodge Charger, which returned this year after a 27-year hiatus from NASCAR's premier series.
RICHMOND WIN MILESTONES
* Kahne's win was the sixth win for Evernham Motorsports, marking the fifth consecutive year that an Evernham Dodge has visited victory lane.
* Kahne also joined an exclusive club of 13 drivers to earn career wins in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck, Busch and Cup series.
* Kahne became the 11th driver to win from the pole position at Richmond, the last of whom was Bill Elliott who won from the top spot in spring of 1992.