The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest * Joey Logano will make his first start at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) this weekend for the Brickyard 400. Following the 2008 race, Logano and the No. 20 team participated in one ...
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
* Joey Logano will make his first start at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) this weekend for the Brickyard 400. Following the 2008 race, Logano and the No. 20 team participated in one of Goodyear's first tire tests last year. It is the only time Logano has been to Indianapolis.
* Logano currently sits 20th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver point standings following his 18th-place finish at Chicagoland two weeks ago. He has maintained the top-20 position for the last two races and sits four points out of 19th. He has finished in the top 25 for the last 12 Cup races, posted one win and four top 10s.
* Welcome aboard The Home Depot Associates from two Georgia stores! Store #6848 from Lovejoy and store #139 from Rome will ride along with Logano for the Brickyard 400 at IMS. The two stores are 90 miles apart from each other, Rome sits northwest of Atlanta while Lovejoy is south of the capital city. Two major Hollywood hits (Sweet Home Alabama and Remember the Titans) filmed scenes at Berry College in Rome.
* Crew chief Greg Zipadelli and The Home Depot Team guided the No. 20 car to victory lane twice at IMS in 10 starts. The first was an emotional victory for Indiana-native Tony Stewart in 2005 and again in 2007. In total, The Home Depot Team has two wins, four top-five and six top-10 finishes. Last year the team finished 23rd in the Brickyard 400.
* The Home Depot Team is taking chassis #247 to the track this weekend for the 20th race of the season. This is a new chassis for the team.
* Logano earned top rookie honors for the 15th time in 19 races two weeks ago at Chicagoland with his 18th-place finish. He continues to build his lead over Scott Speed and now has a 23-point advantage (203-180) heading to Indianapolis. Last year's top rookie finished 15th at IMS.
"I participated in the tire test with Zippy (crew chief Zipadelli) and the No. 20 team after the race last year. It was awesome. To come down the front stretch and have grandstands on either side and feel the bump as you cross the bricks is just cool. That was my first and only time there. The track has such a unique shape, it's pretty clear your car needs to be good coming off the corners because the straight-aways are so long. You could lose a ton of time there if your car isn't turning off the corner. We are taking a new Home Depot Toyota this weekend for the Brickyard; I'm pretty excited about it."
On the off week...
"It was nice to relax and have some fun, but to be honest it was killing me watching the Nationwide race on television. I was ready to get back in a car. We did get a test in this week, so I wasn't out of one too long."