Jeremy Mayfield * Indy's Camry...The 360 OTC Racing team will utilize chassis No. 107 this weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This is the first time this particular car will be utilized in a race, though it has had some on-track ...
* Indy's Camry...The 360 OTC Racing team will utilize chassis No. 107 this weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This is the first time this particular car will be utilized in a race, though it has had some on-track testing time.
* Lax Takes the Reigns...Joe Lax has been tagged to lead the 360 OTC Racing team after David Hyder left the team following the event at Chicagoland Speedway. Lax previously served as a shock specialist at Bill Davis Racing. In addition, engineers Garth Finley and Dax Gerringer have swapped teams. Finley now works with the 360 OTC Racing team, and Gerringer has moved to the Caterpillar Racing team.
* More Team Changes...Brad Tunny will take over car chief duties from Mike Cooper, who will now stay back at the High Point, N.C., shop. Gary Grossenbacher will travel with the team this week and will serve as lead engineer for both BDR Cup teams.
* Mayfield's Career Stats...Jeremy Mayfield hopes to make his 411th career NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start when he takes the green flag for the event Sunday afternoon. Mayfield made his first career Cup Series start in October 1993 at Lowe's Motor Speedway and finished 26th (qualified 31st) in his first Cup Series start at The Brickyard in 1994.
* Mayfield at Indy...Mayfield has made 12 starts on the 2.5-mile speedway during his Cup Series career and has started inside the top 15 on seven occasions. In fact, Mayfield has started outside the top 19 only once. His average start of 14.4 is his second best average starting position at any track the Cup Series visits. He has also earned two top-five finishes at the Indianapolis-area track.
* BDR at IMS...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at Indianapolis Motor Speedway since 1994 and have made 20 starts. Drivers piloting BDR machines at the 2.5-mile track have posted two top-10 finishes at the track.
* The Newest Addition...Lax and his wife Suzanne welcomed son Jacob Julius into their family Tuesday, July 17. Jacob weighed in at 8 pounds, 3 ounces. Lax also has a 10-year-old daughter named Chelsea.
Jeremy Mayfield on This Weekend..."We've got a couple of changes on the crew this week, so it will be a bit of a learning process this weekend, but hopefully it will pay off down the road. We were pretty pleased with the way things went in Chicago for this 360 OTC Racing team. We put together a solid qualifying effort, and even though we weren't great at the start of the race, we worked on it every chance we got. By the end of the day, we had a really good car. If we can figure out a way to start off these races as good as we were at the end, we'd really be on to something. Those are baby steps though, and you have to walk before you can run, so we feel like there are good things on the horizon for this team."