No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger Race Facts JEREMY MAYFIELD QUOTES "We had a very good test at Indy. Our Dodge Charger was in race trim throughout the test and ran a lot of laps. We've qualified in the top 20 consistently at Indy,...
No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger Race Facts
JEREMY MAYFIELD QUOTES
"We had a very good test at Indy. Our Dodge Charger was in race trim throughout the test and ran a lot of laps. We've qualified in the top 20 consistently at Indy, so we wanted to focus entirely on our race setup. We ran a lot of laps in race trim the one day we were there.
"We came into this race last year needing a good run. We were 11th in the point standings. We finished 11th. We're a little higher in the Chase standings this year, but it's still the same story. We need a good finish. We're down to six races to set the Chase field with six drivers battling for three spots while three or four other drivers are capable of moving up and making a challenge. It's going to be that way the next six weeks, just like last year. We're looking to put together a string of solid finishes the next few races and jump up into the upper half of the Chase field. That would make it a lot easier road to Richmond. The Brickyard is a good place to start."
STATS & FACTS
JEREMY MAYFIELD AT INDY
* This weekend's Allstate 400 at the Brickyard will mark Mayfield's 11th start at Indianapolis. He has scored one top-five and one top-10 at the track.
* Mayfield earned his best finish in the Brickyard 400 in 1997, when he finished fifth. His best start at Indy is 10th, where he started in the 1995 race.
MAYFIELD SURGES TO EIGHTH IN POINTS RACE
* Mayfield is on pace to repeat as a 'Chase for the Nextel Cup 'contender in 2005. He surged to eighth in the points standings after racing at Chicago, and he's currently 143 points from the fifth spot.
* Mayfield's current point total of 2,394 is 14 points ahead of his total after 20 races in 2004. Mayfield qualified for the 2004 Chase for the Nextel Cup by just 22 points after a thrilling victory at Richmond.
LEAVING NOTHING ON THE TABLE
* Mayfield ranks second on the Nextel Cup circuit in laps completed (99.2%) among drivers who have competed in every race this year. Mayfield has finished 15 of 20 races on the lead lap, and has only one DNF in 2005.
* The No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team tested at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Monday, July 12. Mayfield turned 134 laps on the historic 2.5-mile track to prepare for this weekend's Allstate 400 at the Brickyard.
* Mayfield also participated in a two-day test session at Watkins Glen International on Monday and Tuesday of this week, as well as a Goodyear tire-test at Kansas Speedway last week.
EVERNHAM MOTORSPORTS IN GOOD HANDS
* This June, Evernham Motorsports announced a multi-year associate sponsorship deal with Allstate. Jeremy Mayfield, Kasey Kahne, Bill Elliott and Evernham Motorsports crew members will all wear the Allstate logo on their uniforms. Allstate will also work with members from Evernham Motorsports' driver development program, including Tommy Lane and Erin Crocker, on a broader diversity program with NASCAR.
2005 CAREER BESTS
* Mayfield's seventh-place finish at Infineon Raceway tied his career best finish at the track. Mayfield also earned a career-best finish at Talladega this year when he finished fourth in May.