HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #307. This is the same car the team raced last weekend at Pocono Raceway and were in contention for the win until transmission problems relegated them to a 28th-place finish.
* McMurray is making his NASCAR Winston Cup Series debut this weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The team tested with Chassis #307 two weeks ago at the speedway.
* McMurray enters the Brickyard 400 25th in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points and currently sits second in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings.
* McMurray has scored two top-five, four top-10 and seven top-15 finishes in the first 20 races of the 2003 Winston Cup season.
* McMurray has scored more top-10 finishes (four) than any other Raybestos Rookie contender so far in 2003.
* McMurray has led more miles than any other 2003 Raybestos Rookie entering Sunday's race at Indy: eight times in three races for 97.25 miles (52 laps).
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"I'm really excited about getting to run at Indy this weekend. We're taking the same car we ran last weekend at Pocono, and a car that I felt like could have won the race last weekend had we not had transmission problems. We also tested with Chassis #307 a couple of weeks ago at Indy and had a pretty good test."
"I've obviously never raced here before, but I have to admit that it was a little overwhelming when I saw the track for the first time during testing. I've raced over at IRP several times in the Busch and Truck Series, and have always wondered what it would be like to race in the Brickyard 400. Now I get my chance on Sunday."
"There's so much history here at this track, and especially all the history that (car owner) Chip Ganassi has at this place. I'd love to give Chip his first stock car win at Indy."
"From what I've heard and just what I experienced during testing, it looks like it's hard to pass here, so track position is going to be very important. I'm expecting good things out of our Havoline Dodge this weekend at Indy."
JAMIE MCMURRAY INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY STATS:
NOTE: Jamie McMurray is making his NASCAR Winston Cup Series debut this weekend at Indy.