McMurray on racing at Indianapolis Motor Speedway: "Every year we have the chance to race at Indianapolis and it is such a great track because of all the history and tradition that is centered around racing there. Indy is a track that is on...
McMurray on racing at Indianapolis Motor Speedway:
"Every year we have the chance to race at Indianapolis and it is such a great track because of all the history and tradition that is centered around racing there. Indy is a track that is on every driver's list of places they want to win at and I've always looked forward to our race here. Coming from a weekend off, I'm ready to jump back in the car and eager to get a solid run in at Indy for our Crown Royal team.
This is a busy weekend for us away from the track as well because once again Crown Royal will be hosting their 'Safe Rides Home' program on Friday night in Broad Ripple. I've been a part of this for the last three years, and it's always been a lot of fun. Crown Royal does so much to promote their 'Be a Champion. Drink Responsibly.' campaign, and this is just another effort they support. It should be fun driving the Crown Royal branded Ford Fusions through Indianapolis on Friday night."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Indianapolis Motor Speedway:
"We're ready to get back to the race track this weekend and Indy is a track that Jamie's always run well at. Indy is a place out of all the other tracks we compete at, where I'd like to be a part of a win because it is so steeped in racing history. From all the people I've talked to who were able to tire test at the track this year so far, everyone feels confident in the tire compound, so I think we should have a great weekend. I feel very confident for our Crown Royal team this weekend at Indianapolis, and think we're going to turn our luck around on Sunday."
* In six starts at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, McMurray has produced one top-five and three top-10 finishes
* On Friday night, McMurray will lead a fleet of four Crown Royal Ford Fusions in Indianapolis to help promote Crown Royal's, "Be a Champion. Drink Responsibly." campaign. The Safe Rides Home program has provided rides for hundreds of patrons and NASCAR fans since its inception in 2003
* In his six career Cup Series starts at IMS, McMurray averages a 15.7 starting position and a 15.3 finishing position
* McMurray's best Cup Series finish at Indianapolis is third which he accomplished in 2003
* This weekend at Indianapolis, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering the Allstate 400, McMurray is currently 19th in the Sprint Cup driver point standings