Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts: * Race for the Chase: Jamie McMurray and the No. 42 Team remain 11th in the standings for the 2005 "Chase for the NEXTEL Cup" after their 11th-place finish in the...
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge
Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts:
* Race for the Chase: Jamie McMurray and the No. 42 Team remain 11th in the standings for the 2005 "Chase for the NEXTEL Cup" after their 11th-place finish in the last event at Pocono Raceway. They are only nine points out of 10th, 174 out of fifth place and 436 out of the lead heading into the 21st race of the season. There are only six races remaining before the cut off for "The Chase".
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline Team will bring chassis #403 to Indianapolis this weekend. This is the same car they tested with at the track on July 11th and 12th. The car has competed nine team this season: California (fourth-place finish), Las Vegas (15th), Atlanta (11th), Texas (second), Darlington (sixth), Pocono 1 (10th), Michigan (13th), Chicagoland (22nd) and Pocono 2 (11th).
* On the Right Track: McMurray has one top five and two top-10 finishes in two NEXTEL Cup Series starts at the Brickyard. He finished seventh last year and third after leading a total of 22 laps during his rookie season in 2003.
* Testing Home123: McMurray and the No. 42 team tested in the Home123 Dodge at Watkins Glen International on Monday and Tuesday in preparation for the upcoming Sirius Satellite Radio at the Glen on Aug. 14.
* Dodge Racers on the Circle: McMurray will be appearing at the Dodge Racers on the Circle event in downtown Indianapolis on Thursday from 6:30-7 p.m. He will be signing autographs for the first 100 fans to obtain coupons. The event will take place at the Emmis Building, which is located at 40 Monument Circle, Indinapolis, IN 46204.
* The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is hallowed ground for car owner Chip Ganassi. Ganassi has two victories as a car owner in the Indy 500 (Emerson Fittapaldi -- 1989; Juan Montoya -- 2000).
Jamie McMurray on the Brickyard:
"I'm really looking forward to racing at Indy this weekend. We had a really strong test there a few weeks ago and we're taking our best car. We've run extremely well at the track and we almost got a win there in 2003. I had a pretty good lead late in the race and then the caution came out. I got hung up in lapped traffic and finished third, which was hard to take at the time, but we finished strong there last year and I know I've got the car and team capable of winning this weekend.
"The Texaco/Havoline team has been performing really well lately, but we don't necessarily have the finishes to show for it. We've had some bad luck that has hurt our chances at some top-five finishes. Consistency has been our downfall this season, but we're still hanging close to the top-10 in the points and we're going to give it all we have over the next few weeks to make sure we secure a position for 'the Chase'."