No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Appearances: David Stremme will be appearing all over town this weekend when he arrives for the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS). First up is Dodge Racers on the Circle on Thursday evening from 6...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Appearances: David Stremme will be appearing all over town this weekend when he arrives for the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS). First up is Dodge Racers on the Circle on Thursday evening from 6 to 6:30 p.m. The event is located downtown at Monument Circle. One hundred tickets will be given out starting at 4:30 p.m.
On Friday night Stremme will be at Rock Lobster for a Coors Light promotion from 7 to 9 p.m., and then on Saturday night he will be at Champp's for another Coors Light promotion from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
* Chassis: This weekend will be the first time that Stremme will race at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Crew Chief Steve Lane and the No. 40 Coors Light crew are taking chassis No. 611 for the event this weekend. Stremme tested this car back in July at IMS. This will be the first time this chassis has been raced.
* Circle City Native: Race engineer Brian Burns hails from Indianapolis, Ind. Burns has been a member of the Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates team for four years.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently sixth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings. With 128 points, he is 95 points behind leader Denny Hamlin and only 25 points behind fifth place J.J. Yeley.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Stremme is currently 35th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup driver standings. He is 405 points out of the top 25. The No. 40 Dodge is currently 36th in the owner standings, just 38 points out of 35th. There are now 16 races remaining in the 2006 season.
David Stremme Quotes:
"I have been looking forward to this race for a long time. Even though I am from Indiana, I have never actually been to the Brickyard 400. The last few years I have been racing at Indianapolis Raceway Park down the street. It's a very special place for me and I am going to take a lot of pride in being there this weekend.
"This year has been frustrating at times but we have had some good runs here the last month or so. I have definitely seen signs that we are improving every week and that is something to look forward to. We as a team are getting better every week and going to some of these tracks a second time will help us get the strong runs we know we can get and that we need. I am looking forward to the Brickyard this weekend and getting a solid finish in the Coors Light Dodge."