BILL ELLIOTT NO. 91 STANLEY TOOLS DODGE CHARGER RACE NOTES * This will be Bill Elliott's sixth regular season start in 2005 and his fourth start in the No. 91 Stanley Tools Dodge Charger. * Elliott is scheduled to drive EMS ...
NO. 91 STANLEY TOOLS DODGE CHARGER
* This will be Bill Elliott's sixth regular season start in 2005 and his fourth start in the No. 91 Stanley Tools Dodge Charger.
* Elliott is scheduled to drive EMS chassis No. 101 this weekend at Indianapolis. The chassis was tested at Indianapolis this year and was the third-fastest car of all teams that tested at the track. It has never been raced. The backup Dodge Charger features EMS chassis No. 103.
CAREER AT INDIANAPOLIS
* Elliott has started in 11 Nextel Cup races at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
* Elliott won the prestigious Brickyard 400 in 2002 after starting second.
* Elliott has earned five top-five and nine top-10 finishes at the track. He is tied for first for top 10s at the track and has five straight top-10 finishes from 2000-2004.
* He has led six races for a total of 157 laps at Indianapolis.
* His average start over 11 races is 9.909 and his finish is 7.818.
ELLIOTT RETURNS TO ACTION
* Elliott will make his 743rd career start this weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He has 44 career wins, 55 career poles, 175 top fives and 320 top 10s.
* Elliott will run four races this season in the No. 91 Stanley Tools Dodge Charger -- California (A), Texas (A), Charlotte (A) and Indianapolis.
* Elliott will run selected other races for Evernham Motorsports in Dodge Chargers throughout the season.
MOST RECENT RUN AT INDIANAPOLIS
* In the 2004 race at Indianapolis, Elliott started 18th with a strong racecar. He avoided trouble throughout the race, and with smart pit strategy, brought his Dodge home ninth for the day. It was his ninth top-10 finish at the track.
CHRIS ANDREWS AT THE HELM
* Chris Andrews joins forces with Bill Elliott for their sixth NASCAR Nextel Cup race together this season. Andrews also is serving as team director for Erin Crocker's No. 98 Auto Value/Bumper to Bumper Dodge Charger in the ARCA RE/MAX Series.
BILL ELLIOTT ON INDIANAPOLIS
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT RACING AT INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY
"I'm really looking forward to it. I think our Stanley Dodge is going to be good there, after a really strong test. I've really enjoyed Indianapolis, from the first time I went there in the early 90s and did the Goodyear Tire test to winning there in 2002, as well as I've run there over last number of years. It's a race track that's got a lot of history and I think it holds right in there with the Daytona 500, and for me to go and compete in that particular event, for this year, is really a special opportunity for me".
HOW ARE YOU ENJOYING THE PARTIAL SCHEDULE?
"It's been great because the races that I do run, I hold a little more special. I've run California, Atlanta, Texas, Michigan and Charlotte this year, which are all tracks I like. Plus, I've been able to do some other things you wouldn't have time for otherwise, like watch my son race go-karts and do some other racing of my own. I've also been testing for Ray Evernham a lot to help him with these new cars."
What does winning the Brickyard mean?
"The Brickyard is one of the crown jewels of our sport, so that makes it special in that regard, just like winning the Daytona 500. They're all special in their own way, and it's hard to say that one's better than the other. I will say that winning the Brickyard is one of the highlights of my career."