* PAUL MENARD will make his fourth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Homestead-Miami Speedway this Sunday in the Ford 400. * AVERAGES AT HOMESTEAD... Menard averages a 34.3 starting position and a 27.3 finishing position in Sprint Cup...
* PAUL MENARD will make his fourth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Homestead-Miami Speedway this Sunday in the Ford 400.
* AVERAGES AT HOMESTEAD... Menard averages a 34.3 starting position and a 27.3 finishing position in Sprint Cup competition. Menard has also led one lap of competition at the 1.5-mile speedway.
* LAPS RECORDED AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI... Menard has completed 99.3% of the laps he has attempted in three Cup Series starts at Homestead-Miami Speedway (796 of 802 laps).
* JOHNS MANVILLE ON THE HOOD...Long time sponsor, Johns Manville will return to the hood of the No. 98 Johns Manville / Menards Ford Fusion for this weekend's Ford 400.
* ONE MORE IN THE NATIONWIDE SERIES...Menard will be behind the wheel of the No. 98 Richmond / Menards Ford Fusion in this weekend's season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway. In 15 NNS starts this season, Menard has recorded one top-five, four top-10 and 11 top-15 finishes.
* PREVIOUS NATIONWIDE STARTS...Menard has three previous starts at Homestead-Miami Speedway in the Nationwide Series and has two top-five finishes in his last two starts.
Menard on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
"It's really hard to believe that we are down to the last race of the season. This has been a long season, but certainly a growing one. I've learned a lot about the new cars and feel that with us building on this season, we'll be able to transition a lot easier into next. Racing at Homestead is fun because there are a lot of different lines around the track. Your car might not handle very well in the middle, but you can come down a lane and it will handle completely different. Hopefully we can end the 2009 season on a high note for Johns Manville, Quaker State and all the vendors that have been a part of the Menards racing program this season. It's a big weekend for Ford and hopefully, we can get a Ford Fusion into Victory Lane on Sunday night."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
"With only one race remaining this season, I've got to say what a great job all the guys on the No. 98 Menards team have done this season. We've faced a lot of ups and downs and these guys have done a great job all season long. It's always nice to end the season on a high note and that's exactly what we intend to do this weekend in Homestead."