* Homestead's Camry...The No. 36 Toyota Johnny Benson is scheduled to drive in the Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway is chassis No. 107. This car has been utilized many times during the second half of the 2007 season and was most...
* Homestead's Camry...The No. 36 Toyota Johnny Benson is scheduled to drive in the Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway is chassis No. 107. This car has been utilized many times during the second half of the 2007 season and was most recently run at Texas Motor Speedway with Mike Skinner behind the wheel.
* Slugger Takes Over...Slugger Labbe will once again take over the reigns of crew chief for the No. 36 team this weekend in Homestead. Slugger worked with Mike Skinner in this car for several weeks before turning his attention last week to the No. 27 Bill Davis Racing entry.
* Benson's Career Stats...Benson hopes to make his 274th career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start when the green flag waves Sunday afternoon. He made his first career Cup Series start in February 1996 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway and finished 35th (qualified 39th) in his first Cup Series start in Homestead in 1999. Benson qualified in the 30th spot and finished 36th in his BDR entry in the Cup Series race last weekend at Phoenix International Raceway.
* Benson at HMS...Benson has made five starts on the 1.5-mile track during his Cup Series career, starting as high as 14th (2000). He has earned one top-five finish in Cup Series competition at the track. He has also competed in three NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series events there and has scored one top-five and one top-10 finish. In five Busch Series starts, Benson has two top-10 efforts at the Miami-area track.