JEREMY MAYFIELD NO. 19 DODGE DEALERS INTREPID R/T MIAMI: "We'd like to have a good run down there. Every team wants to finish out the season on a good note. It's kind of different this year because usually we have another race after Miami. I've...
NO. 19 DODGE DEALERS INTREPID R/T
"We'd like to have a good run down there. Every team wants to finish out the season on a good note. It's kind of different this year because usually we have another race after Miami. I've had some good runs there though. The last time I raced there we nearly won it back in 2000, and we know how good the Evernham Motorsports cars were there last year."
* Jeremy Mayfield is scheduled to drive the No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge that he drove at Chicago and Michigan.
STATS & FACTS
* This weekend's race marks Mayfield's 273rd career start in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series and third visit to Homestead-Miami Speedway. In the inaugural Pennzoil 400 in 1999, Mayfield started eighth and finished 13th. His best finish at Homestead came in his last visit there, in 2000, when he moved up from a 22nd place start to lead once for 25 laps and finish second. Mayfield has one top-five, one top-ten, and has led one race for 25 laps at Homestead.
* In last week's race at Phoenix, Mayfield began the day in the 11th spot. He maintained his position within the top 15 through the first round of pit stops. He was in the 13th spot on lap 27 but as the day wore on and track conditions continued to change so did the handling of Mayfield's Dodge Intrepid R/T. The Dew Crew made trackbar and air pressure adjustments to the car throughout the day to help Mayfield gain some grip on the track. He finished in the 25th spot.
* Mayfield is in the top-25 in the points standings for the seventh consecutive week. He is in 25th place with 3,245 points, 35 points out of the next spot and 302 points out of 20th place.
* Mayfield's second-place run this year at Las Vegas was his best run at the track and his best overall finish since the 2000 Pennzoil 400 at Homestead-Miami where he finished second. The finish also qualified Mayfield for the Winston No Bull 5 $1 million bonus during the May race in Charlotte.
* Coming into the 2002 season, Mayfield had 237 starts, with six poles (two at Talladega and one at Darlington, Dover, Rockingham, and Texas), three wins (two at Pocono and one at California), 33 top-fives and 58 top-10s. His most recent win came at Pocono in June of 2000.