McMurray on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway: "It's hard to believe that we're entering the final race of the season. This year has been filled with a lot of ups and downs, but going down to Homestead for Ford Championship Weekend, is...
McMurray on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
"It's hard to believe that we're entering the final race of the season. This year has been filled with a lot of ups and downs, but going down to Homestead for Ford Championship Weekend, is something that I'm looking forward to. Our team finished third last year, and I think it is a track where we can have similar success at this weekend for our Crown Royal team. Homestead is a speedway that Roush Fenway has had a lot of success at, and it would be great to finish this year on a high note. As a Ford driver, I want to run well in the Ford 400, since without Ford, we wouldn't have the opportunity to be here every week."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
"Homestead is a track that we don't get many opportunities to run at, but it's a place that seems to change more than other tracks we race at throughout the season. The challenge of racing at Homestead is that since this race starts later in the afternoon, we start the race in daylight and typically will finish once the sun sets, so we need to make sure that we adapt with those changing conditions. The 1.5-mile program at Roush Fenway has always been very good so my hope is that we're able to carry on that successful tradition this weekend for our Crown Royal team."
* Jamie McMurray scored one of his three career Sprint Cup series poles at Homestead-Miami Speedway in Nov. 2003 -- the others came at Pocono Raceway and Infineon Raceway
* McMurray has an average starting position of 16.4 and an average finishing position of 15.4 at Homestead-Miami Speedway
* McMurray's best Cup series finish at Homestead is third which he achieved in 2008
* This weekend McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering this weekend's race, McMurray is currently 22nd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings