Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts: * Points Position: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team fell one position to 12th in the overall standings with their 18th-place effort at Phoenix International Raceway last weekend. They trail...
Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts:
* Points Position: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team fell one position to 12th in the overall standings with their 18th-place effort at Phoenix International Raceway last weekend. They trail 11th place, and the $1 million dollar bonus, by just 10 points heading into the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team have selected chassis #208 for this weekend's race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. This car has previously run in four events this season and McMurray recorded an eighth-place finish with it in the second California race. The car also ran in the top-10 for a majority of the second Lowe's Motor Speedway event before getting caught up in a late race accident.
* On the Pole: McMurray posted his first career pole position at Homestead-Miami Speedway during his rookie season in 2003. McMurray went on to win Rookie-of-the-Year honors.
* Lights, Camera, Action: McMurray brushed up on his acting skills this week, shooting scenes for the upcoming NASCAR-themed movie "High, Wide and Handsome" with Will Ferrell.
* Best 25 Over Last Six: McMurray ranks 11th out of the best 25 drivers over the last six races. He has posted two top-10 finishes during that period, including a seventh-place effort at Martinsville and a sixth-place run at Atlanta. McMurray also finished 11th at Texas Motor Speedway. He has scored a total of 714 championship points in the last six events.
* Double Duty: In addition to Sunday's NEXTEL Cup Series Race, McMurray will competing in the Busch Series event on Saturday driving the No. 09 entry.
* "Shine On" Diecast Car Sweepstakes: Forty two lucky participants have the chance to win a complete set of four limited edition No. 42 Texaco/Havoline "Shine On" diecast cars signed by Jamie McMurray. To register, visit www.texacohavoline42.com. The replica cars driven by McMurray at Texas (April), Charlotte (May), Sonoma and Talladega (Oct.) are a part of the "Shine On" series celebrating the history of the Texaco brand with four retro logos on the hood. The sweepstakes began on Sept. 20 and ends on Nov. 30.
Jamie McMurray on Homestead-Miami Speedway:
"We were hoping to go into this race with a firm grip on 11th-place in the standings and make those guys have to race us for the position. Unfortunately we had a tough go of it in Phoenix and we find ourselves 10 points out of 11th. Jeff Gordon is the guy we have to beat right now and that's going to be a tall order. We're just going to go out there and give it everything we have and we'll see how it all plays out.
"It's an all or nothing weekend for a number of teams including us. Even the teams that aren't racing for a position so to speak have something to prove, so the fans are going to see some very exciting and competitive racing on Sunday."