2009 CHASE REWIND * Kahne started the 2009 Chase sixth in driver standings. Busch started the Chase eighth in the standings. * Busch race results: Loudon (6th), Dover (5th), Kansas (11th), Fontana (8th), Lowe's (10th), Martinsville 17th, ...
2009 CHASE REWIND
* Kahne started the 2009 Chase sixth in driver standings. Busch started the Chase eighth in the standings.
* Busch race results: Loudon (6th), Dover (5th), Kansas (11th), Fontana (8th), Lowe's (10th), Martinsville 17th, Talladega (30th), Texas (Win) and Phoenix (6th). He is currently fourth in driver standings.
* Kahne race results: Loudon (38th), Dover (8th), Kansas (sixth), Fontana (34th), Lowe's (3rd), Martinsville (32nd), Talladega (2nd), Texas (33rd) and Phoenix (15th). He is currently 10th in the Chase standings
* Busch trails series leader Jimmie Johnson by 211 points. Kahne trails by 476 points.
* Kurt Busch has five top-10 finishes in six Chase races this season (Loudon, Dover, Fontana, Lowe's, Texas and Phoenix). For the year, he has nine top-five and 20 top-10 finishes.
THE CHASE --KURT BUSCH AT HOMESTEAD
* Ford 400: Qualified 12th
* Homestead-Miami starts: 8
* Homestead-Miami wins: 1
* Homestead-Miami top 5s: 3
* Homestead-Miami top 10s: 3
* Busch was the 2004 Sprint Cup champion.
* Busch is making his fourth Chase appearance and second driving a Dodge.
* Busch's best finish at Homestead came in 2002 when he won the event after starting from the pole.
* Average start at Homestead: 16.2 Average finish: 21.5
THE CHASE -- KASEY KAHNE AT HOMESTEAD
* Ford 400: Qualified 25th
* Homestead-Miami career starts: 5
* Homestead-Miami wins: 0
* Homestead-Miami top 5s: 1
* Homestead-Miami top 10s: 2
* Kahne won six races in 2006 en route to his only previous berth in the Chase. He finished eighth in the final standings.
* Kahne's best finish at Homestead came in 2006 when he finished fourth.
* Average start at Homestead: 5.8 Average finish: 17.6
THEY SAID IT
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge
"I think we do have another win in us. We're bringing back 'Patriot,' the car we won with at Texas. It's a great car. Our team has an upbeat feel. We've had a long year. We've had a successful year. There's no better way than put together a 100 percent effort this week and go out with a bang and hopefully a win."
Kasey Kahne, No. 9 Budweiser Dodge
"There are a lot of things that we've done this year as a team that are much better than what we've done in the past. It's things that we can build on and try to stick together and make progress moving into next season."
-credit: dodge motorsports