TARGET TEAM FACTS: * Target Dodge: Team Target is taking chassis ...
TARGET TEAM FACTS:
* Target Dodge: Team Target is taking chassis # 108 to Homestead-Miami. This is the same car that placed 28th in Atlanta, 40th in Dover (accident) and 35th at Darlington.
* Best Qualifying: Mears' best qualifying effort this season was a fourth place starting position at Chicagoland Speedway.
* Raybestos Rookie Teammates: Casey Mears and Jamie McMurray are the first teammate rookies to compete for Raybestos Rookie of the Year honors. Mears currently sits in third place in rookie points while McMurray leads the points.
* Leader: Mears became the first 2003 rookie to lead a lap and the only rookie to lead a lap in the Daytona 500.
* Busch Series Racing: Mears will also be racing in the Ford 300 on Saturday.
CASEY MEARS QUOTE:
What are your plans for the offseason?
"It's a long year. So, definitely when the season's over I'm going to be looking forward to hanging out with some friends and getting some time to relax. I'll get away from it for a little bit, and then get ready to focus on it for next season. Right now I have no immediate plans, but at some point we'll go someplace really warm where there's a beach and someplace cold where there's some snow. Right now that's the plan. We'll start preparing for 2004 as soon as the last lap of this season stops. You never stop working. Right now we're working on cars and doing things for next year already. We are constantly testing new things out and that never stops. I'm really looking forward to next season, just to start fresh. We dug ourselves in a hole early on in the season here, not getting the finishes that we needed. To overcome that towards the end of the year points-wise, it's really hard to dig out of that hole. I'm really looking forward to just getting a clean sheet of paper for next year and starting from scratch."