Bobby Labonte No. 43 Liberty Medical Dodge Bobby Labonte was the 2003 winner at Homestead Bobby Labonte: "The end of the season hasn't been kind to the No. 43 Dodge team, but we had a solid race in Phoenix and hopefully that will help us...
No. 43 Liberty Medical Dodge
Bobby Labonte was the 2003 winner at Homestead
"The end of the season hasn't been kind to the No. 43 Dodge team, but we had a solid race in Phoenix and hopefully that will help us carry some momentum into Homestead. You want to finish strong in anything that you do. The off-season is very important in our sport because our biggest race is our first race of the year. A good finish at Homestead will go along way during the winter months in the shop."
"You have to give it to the people down at Homestead. They weren't happy with the track when it was built so they worked and worked until they came up with the track that we have today. It went through several different layouts and configurations. Now we have one of the most competitive racetracks on the circuit. It's a lot like Atlanta with the multiple grooves. You need to be able to move around a lot with this new car and Homestead will allow us to do that. It should be a great track for the new car."
"I think we are fortunate in the fact that our off-season is the same time as the holiday season. The drivers and crew members don't get to spend much time with their families during the season and the holidays are a time to do that. Sometimes it's hard to find the right balance between that and getting ready for the next season. There is still work to be done too."
"Everyone knows that General Mills will not be back with us next year. We're sorry to see them go but we've enjoyed a long and successful relationship with them. I wish them the best in 2009 and beyond. They are a great sponsor, but more importantly they are great friends."
* Labonte has made nine starts at Homestead with one win, three top-five and four top-ten finishes to his credit.
* He started inside the top-three for each of his top-five finishes, including an outside pole for his 2003 win
* Of a possible 2,408 laps at the Homestead-Miami Speedway, Labonte has completed 2,215 (92.0%) including 187 laps led. His average start at the track is 18.6 and average finish is 17.1.
* Labonte only led one lap, the last lap, when he picked up the 2003 win. That win was the 21st of his career.
* Liberty Medical will adorn the side of the No. 43 Dodge for the first time this season.