Sterling Marlin, driver No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Intrepid R/T Â· In Support: In support of the national tragedy, Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates will display American flags on its No. 40 and No. 01 car's lower rear quarter panels ...
Sterling Marlin, driver
No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Intrepid R/T
· In Support: In support of the national tragedy, Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates will display American flags on its No. 40 and No. 01 car's lower rear quarter panels during this week's Dover event. In addition to the American flags, the cars will feature a get well wish to support former Chip Ganassi Racing teammate Alex Zanardi who was involved in a serious crash during last weekend's CART event in Germany.
· Ganassi duo: The only time Marlin and Leffler both finished in the top-15 was in the June '01 Dover Downs event. Marlin finished sixth and Leffler finished 13th.
· This is Marlin's 16th year competing at Dover. He has nine top-10s and two top-5s at the 1-mile oval.
· Marlin is currently fifth in overall NASCAR Winston Cup Series championship points. His highest championship finish ever is third (1995) when he won three races and scored nine top-5 finishes.
· Marlin is the only driver to remain in the top-10 in NASCAR Winston Cup championship points all season.
· Dominant Dodge: Marlin has lead the way for Dodge all season. He has seven top-fives and 13 top-10s. Marlin gave Dodge their first 2001 win in the Pepsi 400 at Michigan Speedway.
Jason Leffler, driver
No. 01 Cingular Wireless Dodge Intrepid R/T · Birthday: Jason Leffler turned 26 years old on Sunday, Sept. 16. · Leffler's best finish of the season came at Dover Downs - he finished 13th in the MBNA Platinum 400. · Leffler is currently tied for fourth in Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year points. · His best start of the season is 11th in the Pepsi 400 at Michigan.
Lee McCall, crew chief, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Intrepid R/T: "We're taking chassis #109 to Dover; it's the same chassis we run at Rockingham and Bristol. Our body got tore up too much at Bristol so we built a new body for Dover. I'm looking forward to racing this weekend. Sterling does good at Dover and our team is looking forward to a good finish."
Jason Leffler, driver, No. 01 Cingular Wireless Dodge Intrepid R/T: "I'm really looking forward to going back to Dover. We didn't get to qualify there earlier in the season so we started in the back but we moved up and finished well. I'm looking for a good qualifying run so we can race up front all day."
Matt Chambers, crew chief, No. 01 Cingular Wireless Dodge Intrepid R/T: "The whole team is real excited about going to Dover. Jason got his best finish of the season here last time and we're looking to gain on that this weekend. Last week with the race being postponed, we got a lot done here at the shop and got ahead a little bit. The road guys got four days off last weekend and I think everyone here is getting a little antsy and ready to go racing again."