Sterling Marlin, driver No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Intrepid R/T Â· In 42 starts at Lowe& ...
Sterling Marlin, driver
No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Intrepid R/T
· In 42 starts at Lowe’s Motor Speedway, Marlin has recorded six top-5s and 11 top-10s.
· The car that Marlin is running at Charlotte (#115) is the same car that he won in at Michigan and came in fifth place in Kansas.
· The No. 40 Dodge has a new headrest for the Charlotte event– it was manufactured at the CGR shop and is similar to Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton’s headrest.
· Marlin is currently fourth in overall NASCAR Winston Cup Series championship points. His highest championship finish ever is third (1995) when he won three races and scored nine top-5 finishes.
· Marlin is the only driver to remain in the top-10 in NASCAR Winston Cup championship points all season.
· Dominant Dodge: Marlin has lead the way for Dodge all season. He has eight top-fives and 14 top-10s. Marlin gave Dodge their first 2001 win in the Pepsi 400 at Michigan Speedway.
Jason Leffler, driver
No. 01 Cingular Wireless Dodge Intrepid R/T
· Leffler won his first career Bud Pole award in Kansas. He finished the race in 28th position after being involved in a caution.
· Leffler is currently fifth in Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year points.
· His best finish of the season is 13th in the MBNA Platinum 400 at Dover Downs. Leffler’s best start of the season is 1st in the inaugural Kansas Speedway event.
Lee McCall, crew chief, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Intrepid R/T:
“ Everyone is really looking forward to racing in Charlotte. Sterling did well there last time. We ran in the top-5 all day until the end - we were involved in an accident and ended up finishing 15th. This weekend we’re taking our favorite car (#115) to Charlotte. We got a top-5 with it last weekend in Kansas and we got a win with it in Michigan.”